PDA

View Full Version : kill it or let them grow?

Graham_f
07-18-2013, 03:37 AM
hey, need your expertise.

first i found two of these little anemone things. one big(about .75") and one small (.25") but have grown from nothing. are they a problem? They are translucent with white tips and have a white center attached to the rock.
look kinda cool, dont seem to grab food or react much to touch.

kinda hard to see. dead center between the candy cane.
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r111/gfish3410/image_zpsc94bc810.jpg

and then this little slug thing. It been hiding/riding on or around one of my Astraea snails. it had a hard backplate and is super fast... at least as fast as my hermits across the botton of the tank. caught him, now he'c chilling in a cup :)

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r111/gfish3410/image_zps918ab2d5.jpg

thanks,
Graham

Coral Hoarder
07-18-2013, 03:41 AM
number 2 is a paper shel snail 100% harm less
the anems i let em grow lol

daplatapus
07-18-2013, 03:45 AM
The snail is a Stomatella. Very good, keep.
As far as the anemone thingy, is it between the two candy cane heads on the left (possibly mojano?) or between the left and right candy cane colony's - feather duster.

GoFish
07-18-2013, 03:48 AM
...and ball tip anemones.

Graham_f
07-18-2013, 04:10 AM
The snail is a Stomatella. Very good, keep.
As far as the anemone thingy, is it between the two candy cane heads on the left (possibly mojano?) or between the left and right candy cane colony's - feather duster.

ha, im not concerned about the feather dusters... but thanks for pointing them out :)

yep, right between the two heads. Ive looked online but they dont seem to match the mojano pictures. mine looks just like a baby torch coral...

either way, i need to chill out. I sit and wait as things slowly grow and mature, but panic everytime i see something new. Who would have thought a little fish tank could be so stressful :)
thanks for the help.

Graham

hfp75
07-18-2013, 04:19 AM
leave both... the snail/slug thing is good I have a ton of them, the ? anemone, let it grow if its a manjo kill it later. If its something good then your in luck. Either way its to early to tell right now.

:razz: