PDA

View Full Version : Ice Cap Ballast - What parts needed?

dirtyreefer
06-17-2004, 03:55 PM
I am considering buying an Ice Cap ballast, however I see that there is no powercord or anything else that comes with it, just the ballast itself. Does anybody know what else I would need to pick up, and where? I am planning on running an XM 10K 250W bulb with this, but have no idea where to start other than this is the two components I want to use.

Any ideas?

Nemain
06-17-2004, 05:01 PM
you can get it all at J & L. I went for the PFO optimum reflector with socket assembly, quick disconect and conversion. You will need a fan aswell.

Beth

dirtyreefer
06-17-2004, 05:29 PM
you can get it all at J & L. I went for the PFO optimum reflector with socket assembly, quick disconect and conversion. You will need a fan aswell.

Beth

I assume that for XM SE bulbs, I would need to use a Mogul based ballast?

What do you mean by conversion?

dirtyreefer
06-17-2004, 05:37 PM
Correction, I meant mogul based socket, not ballast

mr_alberta
06-17-2004, 05:45 PM
PFO uses their own type of disconnect socket (on the end of the cord), so I'm assuming when she said conversion she meant a converter plug from the PFO socket to whatever you plan to use.

Bob I
06-18-2004, 03:07 AM
PFO uses their own type of disconnect socket (on the end of the cord), so I'm assuming when she said conversion she meant a converter plug from the PFO socket to whatever you plan to use.

I just got a PFO pendant with one of those plugs on it. I just chopped it off, and wired it right to the ballast. It only has three wires inside the cord. :mrgreen: