PDA

View Full Version : Bubble coral and sand

Coralgurl
07-17-2013, 04:28 AM
I added a diamond goby on Sunday and he's been extremely busy cleaning the sand. Problem is he buried my bubble coral. I moved the coral but it looks like the flesh is falling off. Do you think it will come back?

kien
07-17-2013, 06:31 AM
I added a diamond goby on Sunday and he's been extremely busy cleaning the sand. Problem is he buried my bubble coral. I moved the coral but it looks like the flesh is falling off. Do you think it will come back?

Could go either way.. hard to say until, well, it either goes one way or the other. I've had bubble coral go both ways. Buried alive, then dead. Buried alive, then miraculously recovered all dead tissue.

Coralgurl
07-17-2013, 01:38 PM
Well half of it looks like it might be ok, the other half's flesh seems to be pulled away from the shell. I hope it pulls through, it has been doing so well and was huge!

Coralgurl
07-28-2013, 08:53 PM
Well there is still 1/4 of flesh still on the shell. Tentacles still come out so I'm going to try feeding and see if it responds.

BUT, I found another fleshy part of it on the side of my tank, inflated and with tentacles. I can't see if it has a mouth, I'm kinda thinking it may as the bubbles are on the outside in a circle and fleshy in the middle. I haven't touched or moved it. If it has a mouth, will it grow another shell? Can I do anything to help it along?

Any advice is welcome!