PDA

View Full Version : Auto feeding with Apex

Maverick00
07-14-2013, 12:11 AM
Well I bought an Eheim autofeeder today and would like to automatically cut my return pump for 10 minutes right before the autofeeder feeds. Since the autofeeder is self controlled how the heck do i program the return pump connected to the apex outlet to shut down for 10 minutes then turn back on. Im on vacation for the next 5 weeks starting wednesday and trying to get this automated to keep it simple for the guy looking after it.

Delphinus
07-14-2013, 12:21 AM
Just figure out when the Eheim will dump in, and program the pumps to turn off around that time. It won't be interconnected but it should give you the effect you want.

Maverick00
07-14-2013, 12:30 AM
Just figure out when the Eheim will dump in, and program the pumps to turn off around that time. It won't be interconnected but it should give you the effect you want.

Thats exactly what i want to do, Im just not sure how to program or code the pump. I currently have

Fallback ON
Set ON
If FeedA 005 Then OFF

I dont believe you can automatically have a feed cycle but turning pumps on and off in the code like you mentioned would work.
What would the code to keep the pump on except for between lets say 1700 and 1715 look like?

HaZRaTTy
07-14-2013, 12:36 AM
I say give Apex a call and have them scratch their heads and code it. Sometimes something so easy isn't worth the headache.

Programming is 10% of the time coding 15% of the time re coding your code and the other 75% of the time re bugging your code you coded.

scherzo
07-14-2013, 12:44 AM
I don't have it with me right now, but it is the same as the light programming

Something like...

If Time 10:00 to 10:15 Then OFF

Just set the Rhein to feed at 10:02 or something close.

scherzo
07-14-2013, 12:54 AM
So your programming would look like this

Fallback ON
Set ON
If FeedA 005 Then OFF

You probably should also set your power heads and skimmer to off as well.

This is the simplest method.

The method I used was to setup a virtual outlet and had it turn on and off at a certain time and had my pumps looking to see if it was on or off.

Virtual Outlet:
[Autofeed]
Set OFF
If Time 10:00 to 10:15 Then ON

Outlet:
[MainPump]
Fallback ON
Set ON
If FeedA 005 Then OFF
If Outlet Autofeed = ON Then OFF****

It is simply the last line you would add to anything you want turned off at 10:00am.

This programming method would also be nice if you wanted to change the feed time. You would only have to change it in one place.

Maverick00
07-14-2013, 02:27 AM
thanks for the comments guys.

I set it up with a virtual outlet and it seems to be working perfectly! The pump watches the virtual outlet for its on and off status. Thanks for that scherzo :biggrin: