PDA

View Full Version : Best price for IPEX TU Valves?

craigwmiller
07-10-2013, 09:29 PM
Curious as to where you have found to be the best price for IPEX True Union Ball Valves? The last one I bought it was an emergency replacement and I just drove to Bartle & Gibson and bought one, didn't care much about the price ;)

Now since I'm looking for nearly 20 valves, saving a few bucks each will be quite helpful :)

Thanks!
Craig

sphelps
07-10-2013, 10:57 PM
Not IPEX but I haven't seen cheaper true union ball valves that what's sold at lowes (http://www.lowes.ca/valves/american-valve-p200u-40-true-union-ball-valve_g1200289.html?isku=8781408&term=ball-valve&linkloc=searchProductItemsImage), 1" for less than $10.

craigwmiller
07-10-2013, 11:05 PM
I've looked at those on many occasions, however I worry about (and have read other's experiences) the longevity of those valves.

I would love to see (and hear the experiences) of someone running these in critical areas for many years, and if they would do it again ;)

sphelps
07-10-2013, 11:32 PM
I've used them a few time now, no issues but it hasn't been years. No sure what the issue would be, the unions are no different than any other brand and worse case if the valve were to fail it can swapped out easily and at the price still cost effective.