PDA

View Full Version : F32T8

GinKu
08-15-2002, 07:51 PM
where can i find 4 bulb f32t8 ballast in edmonton? i found one at Revy but they only had the 2 bulb version not the 4 bulb grr
i'd cheack home depot, canadain tire.

JoJo
08-15-2002, 08:01 PM
I think the manufacturers discontinued making the 4XF32T8 ballast. HD was clearing them out for $15. Your best bet IMO is to go with a WH5, less than $50. Where you are located, try Litemor (http://www.litemor.com/)

reefburnaby
08-15-2002, 08:04 PM
Hi,

Say...are you trying to overdrive with this ballast or something ?

It seems that these F32T8 ballasts are not too popular with HD and other large hardware stores. Most consumers don't go around replacing ballasts...they replace the entire fixture.

So, your best bet is to find a Workhorse ballast from Fulham (visit their website www.fulham.com (http://www.fulham.com) for retailers around your area). There are several ballasts that Fulham offers...and there will be one that will met your requirements. Fulham ballasts are multi-purpose...in some cases...we have even overdriven with them...NOs and VHOs overdriven smile.gif You can try to compare prices between the Fulham ballast and the F32T8 ballast at the same store (usually Fulham dealers also sell other ballasts too).

Hope that helps.

- Victor.

GinKu
08-15-2002, 08:05 PM
WH5?
can u explain how are they the same or differnt?
can i use these to OD it

reefburnaby
08-16-2002, 12:29 AM
Hi,

WH5 or Workhorse 5. This is one of the ballasts that Fulham sells that can drive many different types of lights - from 4 T8s, 2 T12s to 2 55W PCs. In some ways, this is similar to what a 4xF32T8 ballast does.

The main difference between the two is that the F32T8 ballast is designed to drive 4 T8 tubes. The manufacturer does not guarantee that it will work for any other configuration (like overdrive and PCs). Workhorse, on the other hand, is guaranteed to work with T8s, T12s and PCs and it has a 5 year waranty to back it up.

Can it be used for Overdrive (OD) ? Yes it can. For the WH5 case, you can treat it just like a 4xF32T8 ballast. Other ballasts to consider is WH6 and WH7. WH6 has more starting power, so it can start two bulbs in series (instead of one). WH7 is similar to two WH5 in one case.

Hope that helps.

- Victor.

billc
08-25-2002, 09:28 PM
Try the Fullham.. HD is not to big on t-8 or e-ballists.. Seems like here in the US t-8 has not caught on yet.. Seems like we are too pig headed to listen to the rest of the world when it comes to being more energy effienct.. I am overdriving 4 t-12 bulbs with 2 wh7.. Great results.. And I have to thank you guys up north for giving me the info..
smile.gif

Delphinus
08-25-2002, 09:44 PM
Hi Bill, Welcome to Canreef! Love the sig, by the way... man, do I ever empathize with that one! ;)

titus
08-25-2002, 10:35 PM
Hello Bill,

Was reading the thread and saw your post. Welcome too!!

Titus

GinKu
08-26-2002, 04:20 AM
how much are the ballast and where can i get it in canada?

Delphinus
08-26-2002, 12:22 PM
Try Litemor. I thought Edmonton had a franchise, I know Calgary does. According to the Fullham site Litemore is a Canadian distributor. Of course, the address they give is of a store in Ontario, but to me it stands to reason that if one of the stores can get it, so can the others. So it's worth a call.

Failing that, I'm sure Albrite in Vancouver would be more than happy to send you some. Check the Fulham page www.fulham.com (http://www.fulham.com) for the address and #.