PDA

View Full Version : Apex programming question

rickwaines
07-05-2013, 12:29 AM
I am having a hard time programming my neptune to control my tunze 6055.
I would like to use the variable speed outlet and a profile but I think I have it all buggered up. I sure could use some assistance from someone that knows there way around the programming of the neptune.

Thank you in advance.

Rick

Ram3500
07-05-2013, 05:06 AM
I feel your pain Rick . I spent three hours trying to set up port forwarding before my four day trip to whistler today . I feel like I am leaving one of my children at home alone . I am sure every thing will be fine what's the worse thing that could happen ......

neoh
07-05-2013, 07:28 AM
I feel your pain Rick . I spent three hours trying to set up port forwarding before my four day trip to whistler today . I feel like I am leaving one of my children at home alone . I am sure every thing will be fine what's the worse thing that could happen ......

your tank blows out, short circuits the electrical, and your house burns down, then the fire spreads to your neighbors, then down the street, and sets fire to the forest.

Or nothing could happen. :twised:

Wheelman76
07-05-2013, 08:20 AM
Call neptune , they have great customer service. I was having trouble setting up my port forwarding , one of their techs had me download some software that would allow them to control my computer ,then he went in and set up my port forwarding and also updated my firmware for me as well. Excellent customer service!!

rickwaines
07-05-2013, 02:58 PM
Call neptune , they have great customer service. I was having trouble setting up my port forwarding , one of their techs had me download some software that would allow them to control my computer ,then he went in and set up my port forwarding and also updated my firmware for me as well. Excellent customer service!!

thanks, will do!

FitoPharmer
07-06-2013, 03:23 AM
If you go to apex's homepage you can go on their forums and there are programming examples and help. I figured it out after a few hours, but now I feel much better about changing settings on the program. Now I have a nice random wave effect in the main display. One problem I ran into that no one seemed to mention is that you have to put in the programming in a certain order, or else you will just get errors if you copy and paste most times.

Phil
07-09-2013, 02:45 AM
If you go to apex's homepage you can go on their forums and there are programming examples and help. I figured it out after a few hours, but now I feel much better about changing settings on the program. Now I have a nice random wave effect in the main display. One problem I ran into that no one seemed to mention is that you have to put in the programming in a certain order, or else you will just get errors if you copy and paste most times.

+one million for Apexs forum it's supper helpful I think we should make a sticky for it on canreef

Simons
07-09-2013, 03:15 PM
While I am no expert, I do have extensive networking and programming experience, and I admit, even for me at first it took a bit to get things the way I wanted.

It can get confusing sometimes, in my case, not only do I have port forwarding for my Apex on my router, I also have a NAS, multiple webcams (ok fish cams actually) and FTP ports open to specific NAT IP's inside my home network.

I realized early on I need a spreadsheet to keep all my media port and IP address straight for all my connected devices!