PDA

View Full Version : Help chemical mixup!

SteveConn
07-04-2013, 04:02 AM
Hi group

i accidently poured about 1.5 gallons of freshly mixed calcium chloride into approx 1/3 gallon of my alk mix (sodium carbonate/bicarb mix).

can i do anything with this or should i just junk it. if i do a balaced equation, i know the bulk is still calcium chloride with calcium carbonate mix.

advice please

grrrrr just trying to top up chemicals before i leave on vacation... murphys law sucks:sad:

HaZRaTTy
07-04-2013, 04:09 AM
Hi group

i accidently poured about 1.5 gallons of freshly mixed calcium chloride into approx 1/3 gallon of my alk mix (sodium carbonate/bicarb mix).

can i do anything with this or should i just junk it. if i do a balaced equation, i know the bulk is still calcium chloride with calcium carbonate mix.

advice please

grrrrr just trying to top up chemicals before i leave on vacation... murphys law sucks:sad:

What is this an episode of Breaking Bad ?!

I would just start over and make a mental note not to do it again, I would be 2nd guessing myself after the calculations anyways.

Oh and Murphy always gets his man... You ALWAYS need to load up on Karma points before vacation!

gregzz4
07-04-2013, 04:29 AM
Dump it and start over

The precipitation will be a big snow storm, nevermind the havoc on your impellers, heaters etc

SteveConn
07-04-2013, 05:04 AM
thanks ... note to self, pay attention to dosing pump lables!