PDA

View Full Version : New robosnail auto glass cleaner

2bafish
07-01-2013, 02:47 AM
Just thought I'd share this. Looks pretty cool. Definitely in saltwater tanks where algae grows so fast on the glass. I like stuff that reduces work when keeping fish tanks. A automatic glass cleaner. Here's a link http://youtu.be/EwsEwuSJRsA

maron6977
07-01-2013, 03:44 AM
Looks cool & expensive . Could you imagine if something got stuck under the cleaner side & scratched the crap out of your glass !!!

Alberta-newb
07-01-2013, 04:57 AM
Darn, maximum glass thickness is .4" :sad: it's for the really big tanks where this would be handy. At $300 it's not bad when compared to the price charged for "regular" magnet cleaners

Chaloupa
07-01-2013, 06:27 AM
I was on the list to receive one when they were available...then I read the max glass thickness and shed a tear...it would've been amazing on our 300 gallon back panel

2bafish
07-03-2013, 05:43 AM
I'm sure they will make them for a bunch off different glass thicknesses in future. If this one sells good of course. If not were stuck with doing it ourselves for a while

AquaPin
07-03-2013, 05:47 PM
Aside from glass thickness, the other issue is:

Remove all types of animals that attach themselves to the aquarium’s glass
surfaces. These types of animals such as star fish, snails, algae eatng fishes,
etc., can not be used with the RoboSnail. These types of animals may cause
magnetic decoupling of the cleaner, damaging the main unit.

paddyob
07-03-2013, 07:23 PM
Darn, maximum glass thickness is .4" :sad: it's for the really big tanks where this would be handy. At $300 it's not bad when compared to the price charged for "regular" magnet cleaners

Not bad compared to my $25 mag float that works perfect????

That's PRICEY!!!!

It's near but I'm not lazy enough for it. Lol.