PDA

View Full Version : Which Neptune controller best suits my tank?

JDigital
06-26-2013, 04:31 PM
So I am looking at adding a Neptune controller to my 180G Office tank.

What I have on the tank consists of the following.

- Skimmer w/ feed pump (2 power cords)
- Return Pump
- Heater
- ATO
- 2 MH Ballasts
- 4x Korallia Pumps

Now I had originally thought Apex Jr with an EB8 would be the best route as I would have 12 outlets, for 11 power cords. But the controllers lacks the possibility of future additions such as pH probe, etc.

I then thought I might as well go with the Apex Lite to get the option for future expansion with the controller and would cost about the same, but I loose out on 4 power outlets unless I drop more money for a EB4 (which I'm not keen on).

What option do you guys feel is the better one to take?

If I go Lite, what devices would you guys connect to it?

neoh
06-26-2013, 05:30 PM
another option is the reefkeeper elite. I'd go big with all the bells and whistles. You'll find that getting the little extras will get more pricey over time.

JDigital
06-26-2013, 05:56 PM
Not a fan of Reef Keeper systems anymore (and I've got one at home)

I mainly want and Apex for the built in web-server and iphone connectivity/control. It is an office tank which means it's typically only viewed 5 days a week (sometimes 6 if someone works the weekend, even then it's only fed) . When I'm away on vacation I want to be able to check in on it whenever I want or get the alerts.

The capability to do that with RKE is all extra.. and the 2 places I'm looking at either don't offer it or don't offer DA products at all.