PDA

View Full Version : New tank 4 me woohoo!

mr_alberta
06-14-2004, 04:08 PM
Well, the empty 100G tank at my folks house is mine!!! Woohoo!

Ah, now if I can figure out where to put it...and if the floor will hold...and how I'll light it.....and drill it....and pay for it....wait, why am I upgrading again? :rolleyes:

Nemain
06-14-2004, 04:32 PM
Thats great!!!!!!!!!!

kuatto
06-15-2004, 04:17 AM
Is it going in your living room,or the bedroom?Let me know if you need a hand setting it up(I'll grab John too,he won't mind helpin :mrgreen: )
Any idea what the plans are for set up?(reef,or fish only)

mr_alberta
06-15-2004, 04:27 AM
Hey Jim,

Thanks for the offer. I appreciate it.

Well, I measured the tank today and it is 45"Lx19"Wx30"H. I plan on using 2x250W DE bulbs as lighting. For flow I plan on using a Mag 12 for closed look and a CSL T3 return from my converted wet/dry going through my 2 Sea Swirls.

It will probably be a mixed reef since I have most of the lighting and the corals already. I will probably do the minimalist approach where less is more when it comes to stocking. Aside from the 4 fish I already have in my tank, I'll probably add 1 last fish (dwarf angel or something like that).

marine newbie
06-15-2004, 10:47 PM
oh thanks Jim :rolleyes: :lol: . When are you planning to move the tank Harvey? I'm free after 3pm for the rest of the week and off on saturday.

mr_alberta
06-15-2004, 10:58 PM
:eek:

Wow, you guys! I am no where near ready to move anything anywhere! I'm going to take my sweet time on this one. I still have to price out some steel for a stand, make a stand, make an overflow, etc etc. It won't be up for a while...

I will let you guys know when I am ready though :cool:

Thanks again for the generous offers.

kuatto
06-16-2004, 12:50 AM
See....I told ya John wouldn't mind :razz:,besides he'll need help moving the 180 when it gets it........oooh my back :rolleyes: thank god for muscle relaxers :mrgreen: