PDA

View Full Version : AI hydra. Looks pretty sweet to me.

rhody605
06-20-2013, 07:01 PM
Does anyone else think the hydra looks good?

I think nice to see ai sol version with the new colors added. Nice price point too.

Looking forward to seeing a unit in person.

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/aqua-illumination-hydra-led-module.html

Aquattro
06-20-2013, 07:28 PM
Wondering how they're controlled. I would buy one to test, but it wouldn't plug into my existing chain (frag tank sol is inline with DT lighting). I would be curious to see the difference in coral color under this light.

sphelps
06-20-2013, 07:32 PM
I like the use of wider lenses but I still predict big issues relating to color blending with the uneven colored clusters, especially if the fixtures are mounted parallel instead of perpendicular. Still looks like an old design with some colored LEDs added in to be more competitive but IMO it just doesn't work.

Aquattro
06-20-2013, 07:33 PM
I like the use of wider lenses but I still predict big issues relating to color blending with the uneven colored clusters, especially if the fixtures are mounted parallel instead of perpendicular. Still looks like an old design with some colored LEDs added in to be more competitive but IMO it just doesn't work.

While I hate to agree with you, that was the first thought I had when I saw the design.

Acrowhora
06-20-2013, 08:00 PM
check out tidal garden's vid on youtube of the new Hydra

rhody605
06-20-2013, 08:19 PM
I now see what you mean. I assumed that each "puck" had all the same colors within it. That just changed my whole outlook of it.