PDA

View Full Version : Anybody using RPS All Out?

reefme
06-20-2013, 02:53 PM
Thinking about buying one. Is it worth it comparing to other?

Thank you

FishyFishy!
06-20-2013, 05:11 PM
I was waiting for this thread to start after the AEFW convo lol.

mikepclo
06-20-2013, 06:34 PM
Here's my experience...

Dipped 5 pcs, killed a colony and a frag. Followed the instruction to the dot. Checked @ 10 mins and both pieces were fine and both flesh melted off by the time I went to remove at 15min mark. From now on I would only dip 10mins max and watch for signs of browning as thats one thing I noticed from this dip are browning and dried flesh. All I can say is this $hit is strong and you gotta be really careful. It's not as forgiving as other like Revive. But if I had to bet which one works the better I would bet this one based on the smell and how strong this thing is lol.

mrhasan
06-20-2013, 06:57 PM
Here's my experience...

Dipped 5 pcs, killed a colony and a frag. Followed the instruction to the dot. Checked @ 10 mins and both pieces were fine and both flesh melted off by the time I went to remove at 15min mark. From now on I would only dip 10mins max and watch for signs of browning as thats one thing I noticed from this dip are browning and dried flesh. All I can say is this $hit is strong and you gotta be really careful. It's not as forgiving as other like Revive. But if I had to bet which one works the better I would bet this one based on the smell and how strong this thing is lol.

+1 on the "strength" of this stuff. The smell alone is strong enough to choke a human :lol:

I have used it and haven't seen any casualty yet. But personally I don't like the amount they recommend; it makes the water totally greenish blue, kinda scary I would say but no casualty till now. Plus this dip doesn't have iodine so kinda deep-water sps friendly.

asylumdown
06-21-2013, 12:00 AM
It's definitely very strong. My biggest complaint is that at the recommended dosage, the water is so cloudy you can't tell if anything is coming of the coral. Also the coral continues to reek of RPS even after it's been thoroughly rinsed in a fresh salt water, so I'd make sure to follow the instructions on rinsing pretty closely, especially if you've got a smaller system or are dipping a large number of corals.

however, it doesn't seem to destroy AEFW eggs, at least I didn't think so based on the reef central thread on the topic. Since the claim to kill eggs was the main thing that set this apart from the other dips, and I don't like that I can't see what's coming off the coral, I'm not sure I prefer this product.

hillegom
06-21-2013, 02:47 AM
I have used it on two occasions on sps. Followed the directions to the letter.
After rinsing, I placed my frags into the QT for 24 hrs and then back to DT.
No problems.

Proteus
06-21-2013, 02:57 AM
i use it and like it. no issues at all.

reefme
06-21-2013, 03:42 AM
Is there any where I can buy this in town?

mr_alberta
06-21-2013, 04:52 AM
We have a couple bottles of it scheduled to arrive sometime early next week.

reefme
06-21-2013, 10:40 AM
We have a couple bottles of it scheduled to arrive sometime early next week.

Save one for me please.

Bblinks
06-21-2013, 03:06 PM
My experience has also been positive. I used it on several occasions where incoming frag had aefw, I use it full strength but only for 10 minutes and inspect the water under strong lighting. also i swoosh it around in the dip using tweezers and see what kind of pests comes off it. My observation has showed that rps kills the worm quick even when I place it back into fresh salt water it does not revive itself, but with that said I dont want you to think its the solution to aefw. I have discarded most of the frags that carried aefw even after the dip. Some time it's just not worth the 20-30 or even 50 dollar frag to infest the entire system.

One other thing to mention is the rinse after the dip as it is imperative that you do it well specially in a smaller system. On lps and leathers you should also use carbon to absorb what ever is left in the rinsed water and repeat the rinse for a second time.

Reef Supplies
06-21-2013, 08:46 PM
When used correctly it's fantastic! As most noted, it is VERY strong so do NOT over dose!

As for eggs, we have also tested as did that one client on RC and it true the eggs did not fall off but they never hatched either.

thanks
Ray

mikepclo
06-21-2013, 11:12 PM
We're talking about the same dip here right?

http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/m_i_k_i_e/media/rps-bottle_2_zps5efb6544.jpg.html
http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/m_i_k_i_e/media/rps-bottle_2_zps5efb6544.jpg.html

mr_alberta
06-22-2013, 12:03 AM
Save one for me please.

Sure. PM me your name?

mrhasan
06-22-2013, 12:27 AM
We're talking about the same dip here right?

Yap :)

Proteus
06-22-2013, 12:32 AM
Sure. PM me your name?

Really? Lol

reefme
06-22-2013, 01:17 AM
Sure. PM me your name?

Ching Chang chong

Proteus
06-22-2013, 01:43 AM
Ching Chang chong