PDA

View Full Version : Ai sols growth and color "vrs" mitra

Phil
06-17-2013, 02:09 AM
I have two ai sols blue over one tank and just picked up a mitra I'm going to be doing a comparison on growth and color of some Sps and zoos so stay tuned for lots of picturs ;)

Aquattro
06-17-2013, 02:11 AM
Are they plumbed together? Not entirely valid if not.

Phil
06-17-2013, 02:15 AM
Are they plumbed together? Not entirely valid if not.

No there not plumbed together but I use the same salt and additives only real difference is ones a shallow tank and the others not. I still want to see how much difference is the full spectrum. Plus pictures are always cool ;)
And I still have to get the mitra on the tank without the wife seeing it as she doesn't know I got it lol.

Acrowhora
06-17-2013, 02:32 AM
sneaky:biggrin: i bought a Radion xr30w pro but didn't tell the wife:mrgreen:No there not plumbed together but I use the same salt and additives only real difference is ones a shallow tank and the others not. I still want to see how much difference is the full spectrum. Plus pictures are always cool ;)
And I still have to get the mitra on the tank without the wife seeing it as she doesn't know I got it lol.

FishyFishy!
06-17-2013, 01:41 PM
No there not plumbed together but I use the same salt and additives only real difference is ones a shallow tank and the others not. I still want to see how much difference is the full spectrum. Plus pictures are always cool ;)

Realistically, there is no proper comparison here at all.

Looking forward to the pictures... But wouldn't take any "comparison" notes into consideration by any means.

kien
06-17-2013, 04:20 PM
:pop2:

sphelps
06-17-2013, 05:19 PM
I think it's perfectly reasonable, it'll will provide a perfectly fine comparison of overall aesthetics which at the end of the day is all that really matters. Both grow SPS and comparing growth rates is a waste of time anyway as even in the same tank too many variables exist. For example I had two of the exact same SPS corals, one on each side of my tank at approximately the same height with what seemed to be even flow and light coverage yet they grew differently.