PDA

View Full Version : Mirrored perspex

Toongraeme
06-12-2013, 12:22 AM
Ok, so I've got my new tank built into a recess. Only problem I have is that the sides of the tank are clear and all the wires and fans can be seen and it looks ugly!!! I was thinking of ways to cover it and thought of getting mirrored plexi on the sides. I thought this would add more depth (well width) to the tank. Has anybody else done this and if so did it work as well as you thought?

Whilst writing this I've just thought maybe just mirror one side and paint the opposite side black?

Thoughts please.....

Thanks!

sphelps
06-12-2013, 01:04 AM
The sides will appear mirrored when the tank if full and viewed from the front, using anything on the outside like paint will not have an effect. You could put plexi on the inside, black is a popular choice, not sure if mirrored plexi has metals in it so probably not suitable for submersing. I have used mirrored window tint on the outside of a tank before but again only useful on the back, not sides if front only viewing.

Toongraeme
06-12-2013, 01:59 AM
Ok, cool..... Save me $60 lol.... Won't be long til she's up and running. Gonna start a tank thread soon....