PDA

View Full Version : Pets and Ponds

Reef Pilot
06-11-2013, 04:18 PM
Their banner ad keeps popping up at the top of my canreef page, but I don't see them listed in the vendor forums. I clicked on them and went to their website. I was interested in buying a product, and wanted to talk to them. But they never answer their phone (I must have tried 10+ times). I even left messages. Did get one call back at the end of the day once, but of course they called when I was not home. I tried leaving messages again, but they are not calling back. Seems they don't want to sell me anything.

Anybody else have experience with these guys? Makes me wonder if I ever had a problem with a sale, how would I get a hold of them?

Skimmerking
06-11-2013, 05:42 PM
yes i have bought from them and they were A + all the time.

marie
06-11-2013, 08:16 PM
I've bought a few things from them over the years and have never had a problem......I've never tried to phone them though

Seriak
06-11-2013, 08:19 PM
I have dealt with them for years and they have been great to deal with. I have only ever contacted them over email though.

Reef Pilot
06-11-2013, 08:26 PM
Well, I just gave up on them. Won't answer the phone, and won't return my voice messages. But I did find an alternate online supplier, and have ordered from them instead.

ensquire
06-11-2013, 08:37 PM
I have made many orders from them with no problems. All were just online purchases and had no reason to call , so no experience actually trying to reach them.

Samw
06-11-2013, 11:58 PM
I've placed an online order with them before. I did receive automatic email notification that the order was placed so now I know emails work. A week after the order, I still have not received notification that the order was shipped. So I tried sending email inquiry. I received no reply so I tried using another email account and sent another email. I never received replies to any of my emails. So many days later, I finally decided that I would have to call them and was able to get my shipping confirmation and tracking number that way.

Ginu
06-12-2013, 07:23 AM
I bought my skimmer from them and it arrived 3 days earlier than promised. No idea about email communication thought.

Miss Kitty
06-12-2013, 02:07 PM
I've ordered from them twice, great service both times. The first order I had to phone them and cancel then reorder cause I made a mistake and I got through to someone on my first try. I also emailed them a special order inquiry which they responded to within 24 hours. Sorry to hear you weren't able to get ahold of someone.

kien
06-12-2013, 03:37 PM
That's good to hear that they have pretty good customer service! I too tried to contact them about some pond products a little while back but never got a response so I moved on. It sounds like if they had not been as busy and were able to field my questions I would have had a pleasant shopping experience with them. May try them again in the future when I need something. I do like the idea of one stop shopping there. Reef and Pond supplies in one place.

Reef Pilot
06-12-2013, 03:56 PM
Yeah, I am still miffed about all the positive replies here. I didn't just try phone once or twice, but at least 10 times, with no answer. Left messages a couple times, and while I did have a response once (at the end of the day after I called in the morning, and missed it), no call back on my subsequent messages. This was over a period of about 4 days. So, was really wondering about their customer service....

I was in retail my whole career, and know how hard you have to fight and scratch for business. And I am pretty patient and tolerant with most (as I can understand many of the problems and challenges). But when a retailer just doesn't respond, I do have to wonder how viable their business really is...

kien
06-12-2013, 05:06 PM
Yeah, I am still miffed about all the positive replies here. I didn't just try phone once or twice, but at least 10 times, with no answer. Left messages a couple times, and while I did have a response once (at the end of the day after I called in the morning, and missed it), no call back on my subsequent messages. This was over a period of about 4 days. So, was really wondering about their customer service....

I was in retail my whole career, and know how hard you have to fight and scratch for business. And I am pretty patient and tolerant with most (as I can understand many of the problems and challenges). But when a retailer just doesn't respond, I do have to wonder how viable their business really is...

Agreed. It's all about first impressions. I was prepared to drop a few hundred dollars on a piece of equipment and had a simple question to ask before hand. No response from Company A. Checked out Company B and was given the answer over the phone within two minutes. SOLD!