PDA

View Full Version : part 2 equipement info please

fishguyxd
06-13-2004, 01:38 AM
Well thanks for the info so far to those who gave there helpwas getting goo ideas but then the post turned into heater talk ok but, I just need to know what about tanks and sumps more for my original post . and any other info mation on starting and setup. I am looking a a all-glass brand aquarium 75gal with prob.a overflow so I do not have to fool around later ,opinions in this forum say this is a good idea. as for the sump i have seen 2 types one was an "oceanic" brand and the other was i believe an ss brand ?? it had bio balls and it was a wet/dry type trickle sump. hey all new to me and i was told when and if i bought a skimer ie the prizm type I could put this on the sump or does any one have an opinion about this or would a different sump be better or brand type or should i build it myself, prices are for the oceanic 240.00 and the bio ball one is about 350.oo i don't know if this is good or bad or is it the game that my cash is there incentive or i should say lack there of i I am not made of money. :rolleyes:

Quagmire
06-13-2004, 02:34 AM
Hi fishguyxd

As far as sumps go you really don't have to spend alot of money.You can use anything from a fish tank to a large plastic container.If you go with plastic,search the forums here or on RC to find something that won't leach TDS into your water.If you're planning a reef tank it's a good idea to avoid the bio balls due to the high nitrates they cause.Do some forum searches on skimmers also.I have a prizm on my 30g and I'm definatly not impressed with the preformance,I think on a 75g you will find you wasted your money.Check with Seth,he had a remora hang-on for sale at a good price,maybe he still has it.
Greg

Azilla
06-13-2004, 06:55 AM
I just bought a Oceanic 75Gal tank with Overflow But i Paid $399 :( it is great lovin it. I just finished my cycle i hope so now i can put all my stuff from my 20gal into it. only have 4 things. Best thing i found when buyin a tank is if u buy one with a overflow u get all plumbing and its warrenty where if u drill your own you loose it. :razz: