PDA

View Full Version : ****LED LIGHTING DECISION****

es355lucille
06-10-2013, 11:35 PM
Please help me with my LED lighting decision. Follow the thread below to my tank build and add your thoughts/Ideas.

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=84639&page=5

Thanks
Brad

The Guy
06-10-2013, 11:55 PM
Please help me with my LED lighting decision. Follow the thread below to my tank build and add your thoughts/Ideas.

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=84639&page=5

Thanks
Brad
AI sols, but then I'm prejudice because I have them on my 90G and really like how they can be set sunrise to sunset with the odd thunderstorm if you wish as well. The choice of % of intensity on your blues & white is very cool as well. Worth the investment for sure.

halwake
06-11-2013, 12:05 AM
Just got 4 AI Vegas. Have been happy with them so far. Bit of color separation but I don't mind. The programming and controller are very good.

windcoast reefs
06-11-2013, 12:18 AM
Ive heard of and seen very some very good results from the AI sol's. Personally if I was to upgrade my current setup I would go that route. The radions seem really expensive to me.

es355lucille
06-11-2013, 12:33 AM
AI sols, but then I'm prejudice because I have them on my 90G and really like how they can be set sunrise to sunset with the odd thunderstorm if you wish as well. The choice of % of intensity on your blues & white is very cool as well. Worth the investment for sure.

Thanks for the input. Do you have sps corals?

Just got 4 AI Vegas. Have been happy with them so far. Bit of color separation but I don't mind. The programming and controller are very good.

I will have to look up the Vegas. I am not familiar with those. Did you notice any change when you went to LED's? What do you have for corals?

Ive heard of and seen very some very good results from the AI sol's. Personally if I was to upgrade my current setup I would go that route. The radions seem really expensive to me.

What do the Sols sell for these days?

mrhasan
06-11-2013, 01:13 AM
I would suggest Mitras :) Radions, AI and Mitras are all proven to work but Mitras are the most stable LED system out there with everything that other fixtures come up with gradually through new models. If you don't want to invest in a LED system and only to find a new one came out in couple of months, Mitras are the way to go. And I am sure the owners will also say so. Plus they have much better coverage (upto 40") while AI are upto 24" and Radions are upto 30".