PDA

View Full Version : Radion XR30W gone haywire?

Acrowhora
06-10-2013, 11:18 PM
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Hello fellow reefers,wondering if you can assist me diagnosing my Radion Gen1.got home from work today to find that my LEDs are off(they were on when i left)and just now it turned itself off again but the fan is still running.the leds right next to the buttons are blinking red/blue/green at the same time.my Radions does this every now and then,and when it happens,i usally do a reset,is that a bad thing?i bought the Radion from this guy in Alberta a few months ago,and i believe it's still under warranty.should i send it for repairs?thank you/FONT]

RPatsula
06-11-2013, 01:27 AM
When I called eco-tech, when one of my Radeon's went bad. They quickly diagnosed the problem and got me a replacement one right away. If it was purchased in Canada you will not have a problem with the warranty.

Acrowhora
06-11-2013, 03:19 AM
Thanks for the reply.what was wrong with your radion?i bought the radion used but still under warranty will they honor that?i have the receipt tho.the other thing is,it's the only fixture lighting my tank,and can't afford not to have anything illuminating the tank,as i have an sps tank.

Acrowhora
06-11-2013, 03:41 AM
any distributors would like to chime in?i'd appreciate your input very much:biggrin:

mrhasan
06-11-2013, 05:42 AM
any distributors would like to chime in?i'd appreciate your input very much:biggrin:

Send a PM to aquadigital (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/member.php?find=lastposter&f=166). He is the distributor of ecotech products and has the rep of being more than helpful :)

Acrowhora
06-11-2013, 07:46 PM
Thank you...will do just that:lol:Send a PM to aquadigital (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/member.php?find=lastposter&f=166). He is the distributor of ecotech products and has the rep of being more than helpful :)

RPatsula
06-11-2013, 08:14 PM
I was going to say I have an extra Radeon, that I haven't yet mounted, that I could lend to you while yours was getting fixed. But I just noticed that you are not in Edmonton. What I found from the service from the rep here in Edmonton, was that he was quick and efficient. Hopefully he will be able to point you in the right direction.

Rick

Acrowhora
06-11-2013, 08:24 PM
Thanks Rick,i appreciate the kind gesture.i've contacted Ecotech and Aqua-digital,so i'm crossing my fingers...i'm sure things will get sorted out:wink:

Derek14
06-12-2013, 11:44 AM
It's probably your ballast. I had ballast go bad on me. Some of the ballast, if you go over 85% will start blinking the light or no light. Try it on another ballast if you have one.

Acrowhora
06-13-2013, 02:07 AM
got a reply from Ecotech and was told that something is interfering with the signal to my radion,made me wonder what that could be:neutral:

RPatsula
06-13-2013, 11:02 PM
did you try to do a complete factory reset as well as a firmware update?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Acrowhora
06-14-2013, 12:25 AM
yes,i did both several times but still no improvements.i think it's telling me to buy a radion pro:biggrin:did you try to do a complete factory reset as well as a firmware update?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD