PDA

View Full Version : Cucumber got stuck in my powerhead

fishyfolks
06-10-2013, 10:08 PM
What should I do guys?

It happened 2 days ago, and so far I have lost 3 fish. (which I know is actually pretty lucky considering)

At first I had no idea what was up, but when I tried to find the cucumber, he was nowhere to be found. I turned off all the powerheads, and thats when i found him. Oddly, none of the invertabrates have been effected. My tank is 175 gallons. I've done a 50% water change and am skimming like crazy. Do you think the worse is over? No new casualties today, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has had experience with this, and what they did. If I had known about it right away, I would have used a QT, but know I'm wondering if its necessary. Ive got another 50 gallons of water mixing now, but I'm worried that I'm doing too much as far as water changes go......

This sucks! I even had all my powerheads protected, but somehow he made his way in through the screens. I've always had cucumbers (15 years) and this is my first bad experience. DAMMIT!!!!!!!

Anyone have any ideas on whether or not, the worse is over or yet to come.

fishyfolks
06-10-2013, 10:14 PM
I should also add that only one of my corals looks pi**ed off. Its a toadstool that has completely closed up. The others all look healthy. SPS and LPS alike

mohammadali
06-10-2013, 10:22 PM
its cuke nuke
i got a cucumber from a pet store that was injured or the owner ****ed the cucumber off i put it in my tank and it killed all my fish and few coral and electric scallops died

here is my history with cuke nuke
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=87760&page=4

i did 80% water change and everyday i did lots of water change

good luck

fishyfolks
06-10-2013, 10:47 PM
How many days did you continue losing things? Was it days? weeks? Thanks so much

daniella3d
06-10-2013, 11:17 PM
ok, this is really sad but what I am wondering is why is that thing sold for aquarium use? It should remain where it came from and never end up in anyone's tank. This is not the first time it's hapening, so sorry for your loss.

:(

mohammadali
06-10-2013, 11:26 PM
my fish were like weak they werent able to swim and after few hours they died and coral died like in a week but anemone was like moving around like crazy i could save my green tip anemone only and few corals

mohammadali
06-10-2013, 11:28 PM
and running carbon is good and wash your carbon every like 24h i used a hang on the back filter with carbon it

mohammadali
06-10-2013, 11:33 PM
here is the video after couple hours cuke nuke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtkLVSzQuvk

fishyfolks
06-11-2013, 12:04 AM
ok, this is really sad but what I am wondering is why is that thing sold for aquarium use? It should remain where it came from and never end up in anyone's tank. This is not the first time it's hapening, so sorry for your loss.

:(

I knew the danger when my ex bought them. ive had them for SO long now, that i kind of forgot just how bad it could be. kind of the 'that couldnt happen to me' syndrome :redface:

I am happy to report that all of the other fish seem fine, i just fed them and the eel and everyone ate. I am running carbon, and ill do a 30 gallon water change everyday for the next week, i guess.