PDA

View Full Version : Reef apocolipto!

jason604
06-10-2013, 09:49 AM
Well here's what happened lol. I turned off all my pumps n power head for the first time since I got all my fishes n such since my first fish was killed via power head. As soon as I turned off the water movements everything in my tank started to attack each other like it was the end of the world. My peaceful yellow tang was battling it out with my banded shrimp. Blood shrimp fighting the cleaner shrimp. My royal dotty back n bi-colored blend was just attacking random things. Even my paired clown fish who always follow each other was exchanging a few headbutts lol. It was crazy and so random

msjboy
06-10-2013, 01:36 PM
Sounds like world war sea..

windcoast reefs
06-10-2013, 01:47 PM
Never heard of that, how big is the tank?

daniella3d
06-10-2013, 02:07 PM
very strange in deed. Do you have stray current in your tank due to your pumps? It could be that when the pumps are running the stray current anoy them enough to keep their mind out of fighting each other and when the pumps stop the stray voltage stop and they sort of wake up?

That's just one theory, dunno what else to think.

jason604
06-10-2013, 06:06 PM
It's a 75g tank. How do I check if there's stray currents?. They just had the battle royale when the water was dead calm lol. I should have recorded it

mrhasan
06-10-2013, 06:47 PM
It's a 75g tank. How do I check if there's stray currents?. They just had the battle royale when the water was dead calm lol. I should have recorded it

Maybe they were missing the flow and thought about making some sort of "movement" :lol:

Anyway this link should help:
http://www.reefaddicts.com/content.php/45-How-to-Test-for-Stray-Electricity

jason604
06-12-2013, 12:02 AM
Nope no stray current lol

Wheelman76
06-12-2013, 12:19 AM
From what I've read in the past ,it says not to add a grounding probe unless you have everything plugged into a gfci outlet.