PDA

View Full Version : Recognize this Acro?

Baker
06-10-2013, 02:56 AM
So I picked up this acro colony a week or two ago and for the life of me I cannot get it to send out polyps. Ive tried putting it in high light/high flow, medium light/ high flow.... Well you get the picture. Is this a deep water acro, I googled 'deepwater acropora and a couple of pictures of this type came up. Is anyone familiar with this acro that could tell me a little about it? Any help is appreciated.

Baker
06-10-2013, 02:58 AM
Ooops, I guess I should of posted this in corals. If there is a mod that can move it?

Proteus
06-10-2013, 03:36 AM
Ooops, I guess I should of posted this in corals. If there is a mod that can move it?

Or put it in the buy sell for me!! ;)

Nice piece

Baker
06-10-2013, 03:42 AM
Thanks, but I fear if I dont get it poppin soon it will die on me.

windcoast reefs
06-10-2013, 03:48 AM
Its a nice piece, I don't think its deep water it looks more like a smooth skin acro. I have a few, They seem to need higher flow and medium/high light.

Myka
06-11-2013, 02:19 AM
Thanks, but I fear if I dont get it poppin soon it will die on me.

Hmm, yeah it doesn't look very happy at all. When corals are in that bad shape it is usually best to put them in a lower light, lower flow area until they have regained some flesh. When the skin is that thin and there is that little color left the coral is susceptible to burning from the lights and therefore much, much more sensitive to light.

What are your tank parameters? How old is your tank? Do you have other SPS in your tank that are doing well? Do you dip new corals before introducing them? If so, what product do you use? Have you dipped this coral to look for parasites?

daniella3d
06-11-2013, 02:51 AM
I have a red planet that is doning the same thing but it's growing at the base quite fast. All my other millepora have huge polype extension. Hard to say why.

I guess as long as your coral is not doing RTN or loosing skin there is hope. I would feed it with amino acids to help it a bit.