PDA

View Full Version : LF: 5 gallon bottles

mrhasan
06-09-2013, 06:47 PM
Does anyone have any 5 gallon bottles and willing to part out? Got a RO unit (thanks purewater11 :mrgreen:) so need some bottles to store water.

monocus
06-09-2013, 06:54 PM
i just use my old salt pails.if the bottles are clear they will grow algae if there is any light.plus it's easy to mix your salt in the pails

11purewater
06-09-2013, 06:55 PM
I'll drop some of monday, tues.got two extras.

mrhasan
06-09-2013, 06:57 PM
i just use my old salt pails.if the bottles are clear they will grow algae if there is any light.plus it's easy to mix your salt in the pails

The buckets are a bit big for my place to store water (hence I stack them and use them for mixing and water change). Hence the jugs. Plus I plan on storing just RO water and since there's no source of nutrient, will it cause algae?

mrhasan
06-09-2013, 06:59 PM
I'll drop some of monday, tues.got two extras.

I can't thank you enough! You have been of great help :mrgreen:

Proteus
06-09-2013, 07:09 PM
Plus I plan on storing just RO water and since there's no source of nutrient, will it cause algae?

I wondered that also

monocus
06-09-2013, 07:13 PM
if there is any light it will grow algae,even in ro water.i know because i've done it

11purewater
06-09-2013, 10:40 PM
You'll be fine for a week of storage covered and unlit.wash the bottles once in a while with a gallon of ro an couple drops of bleach,give it a good swish around and rinse with another gallon of clean ro water.let the bottle dry upside down on a piece of paper towel for a day before using it.:smile:

mrhasan
06-10-2013, 04:26 AM
You'll be fine for a week of storage covered and unlit.wash the bottles once in a while with a gallon of ro an couple drops of bleach,give it a good swish around and rinse with another gallon of clean ro water.let the bottle dry upside down on a piece of paper towel for a day before using it.:smile:

Thanks for the heads up :D I just plan on storing 15 gallon of water per week so that I always have water on hand. :D