PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have this sps for sale?

jjntm
06-09-2013, 07:16 AM
http://www.atlantisaquarium.net/collections/acropora-frags/products/tyree-rouge-millepora

http://www.atlantisaquarium.net/collections/acropora-frags/products/acropora-berry-prostrata

If you have either please pm me and I will happily buy a frag :lol:

Myka
06-09-2013, 02:10 PM
If you find that piece, send me one too! :eek:

ScubaSteve
06-09-2013, 04:00 PM
Fragalot has something called a Matrix that looks similar to the bruised berry acro.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
06-09-2013, 06:24 PM
Wow, that's gorgeous.

Bblinks
06-09-2013, 06:41 PM
Fragalot has something called a Matrix that looks similar to the bruised berry acro.

As long as you are prepared for a brown stick that might or might not be "matrix" then go ahead and give the wheel a spin.

ScubaSteve
06-09-2013, 07:57 PM
As long as you are prepared for a brown stick that might or might not be "matrix" then go ahead and give the wheel a spin.

What, Big Guy scared of a game of chance? :razz: Sad thing is, in Canada that's the best chance we get at getting stuff like that.

If it makes you feel better, I'm looking for this. Fat chance in finding this in this barren acropora wasteland.

http://cdn.reefs.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/newacropora2052.jpgoriginal.jpg

lastlight
06-09-2013, 07:59 PM
That looks like someone just inverted the colours of a photo in photoshop lol. If its real its stunning.

Bblinks
06-09-2013, 08:00 PM
That is super ultra crazy sexy. When you find it please keep me in mind. Lol

ScubaSteve
06-09-2013, 08:03 PM
That looks like someone just inverted the colours of a photo in photoshop lol. If its real its stunning.

Oh, its real. (http://www.cherrycorals.com/product.php?productid=12357) $200 real...

PurpleMonkey
06-09-2013, 10:59 PM
Wow... I'd frag that!

Seth81
06-09-2013, 11:31 PM
Almost worth a drive down to the boarder!

jjntm
06-10-2013, 12:53 AM
lol, I have been debating looking into cites and dropping a couple grand on some ult sps/acans/zoa's & Paly's and bringing them all back, fragging them up, keeping a few for myself and selling the rest... Soooo many that you see when going down south that I just can't bring back sucks.

Coral Hoarder
06-10-2013, 01:16 AM
go bring some back frag and sell lol

reefermadness
06-10-2013, 02:24 AM
That picture looks so saturated IMO. Also wild dual and tri colour milleporas are notorious for changing colour and reverting to a single colour. JUST MO/ME

Its a crazy picture but get me an encrusted WYSIWYG frags with some other stuff in the picture to judge the white balance and accuracy. Even better yet show me that coral that was grown in someones tank. Wont happen.

ScubaSteve
06-10-2013, 02:47 AM
That picture looks so saturated IMO. Also wild dual and tri colour milleporas are notorious for changing colour and reverting to a single colour. JUST MO/ME

Its a crazy picture but get me an encrusted WYSIWYG frags with some other stuff in the picture to judge the white balance and accuracy. Even better yet show me that coral that was grown in someones tank. Wont happen.

Very true, but we can dream can't we? :razz: I saw a few other pics elsewhere but can't find them at the moment. That pic is actually not too far off (though photography is very selective and only shows the best). No idea what it's like long term though. And you're right, it probably wouldn't stay like that.

It'd be nice to find something of that epic-ness in Canada. Out west, for the most part, we have fairly run of the mill SPS (aka mostly crap), nothing spectacular. OC does carry some nice stuff but its 2 hours total driving for me (if no traffic) and I often don't have any luck there. Closest I can get decent SPS is Coral Master in Alberta.

I almost need to start importing just so I can find cool stuff...

albert_dao
06-10-2013, 03:16 AM
To be fair, its from Todd and he has one hell of a good name.

Haloreef
06-10-2013, 03:38 AM
No! I don't have either of them, and now, I won't be able to sleep.
Thanks!

jjntm
06-10-2013, 03:51 AM
lol... my bad, been thinking about it for a week now... Albert, is Todd the owner of the site the coral I posted came from? or are you talking about the other sweet one that was posted after?

No! I don't have either of them, and now, I won't be able to sleep.
Thanks!

Masterpiece_Corals
06-10-2013, 02:32 PM
Cherry corals had one for $200!

albert_dao
06-10-2013, 05:11 PM
lol... my bad, been thinking about it for a week now... Albert, is Todd the owner of the site the coral I posted came from? or are you talking about the other sweet one that was posted after?

Todd is the owner of Cherry Corals. Good guy, good corals, good business.

Seth81
06-10-2013, 10:32 PM
IME tri-colors turn into bi-colors! LOL... and yes I am dosing all kinds of supliments!

Also IME it is very hard to ge a true to life pic of coral under actinic lighting without photoshop and using your own subjective perspective to adjust the whie balance and saturation. Still having said that, I would still dish out some $$$ to get some corals from the states.

Proteus
06-11-2013, 12:34 AM
I have that piece. Ill sell the colony for 250. But it brown red and green now. Still tricolor. Lol

Jk

jjntm
06-15-2013, 01:13 AM
Which piece? if the first one I posted I will gladly buy it.... after it colors back up:lol:

Myka
06-15-2013, 05:03 AM
Cherry Corals had a booth at last year's MACNA...let's just say it's a good thing only Zoas can cross the border or I would have come back broke! They have a lot of super sweet corals. :eek:

Masterpiece_Corals
06-15-2013, 07:01 AM
Myka........ How did you get zoas back over the line on the plane?

Myka
06-15-2013, 09:20 PM
Myka........ How did you get zoas back over the line on the plane?

Zoas and other soft corals are not protected by CITES provided they are not mounted on live rock. As long as they are on synthetic plugs they are good to go. I told Canada Customs I had live corals at which point the lady's eyes just about popped out of her head as she said, "You have what?!". After I told her, "They are Zoanthid corals which are a soft coral with no calcareous skeleton, not protected by CITES, mounted on synthetic plugs, and kept in synthetic seawater." I had no trouble. At some point my luggage was searched, but I had a note in my luggage stating the same as above.

Masterpiece_Corals
06-15-2013, 10:54 PM
Thanks, ill do that coming back from MACNA!

Masterpiece_Corals
06-15-2013, 10:56 PM
What did you bring back Myka?

jjntm
06-16-2013, 12:57 AM
Cherry Corals had a booth at last year's MACNA...let's just say it's a good thing only Zoas can cross the border or I would have come back broke! They have a lot of super sweet corals. :eek:

MACNA... gonna have to look this up and attend:lol:

Myka
06-16-2013, 03:11 AM
Marine Aquarium Conference of North America. It's in Miami, Florida this year. :)

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=97641

It's too bad that CITES is so specific. You can import wild hard corals from all over the world, but try to import cultured hard corals from the USA...good luck. You need re-export permits which require the original import permit from when the wild specimen was collected. It has to be traced back to the ocean with a "pedigree" of import permits. I wish there was a clause for cultured corals. Then we'd be laughing (and broke)!

Masterpiece Corals, I brought back some Blue Agave, WOW Palys, Peacock Paly, Nuclear Fallout, and Eruption Zoas. Also a neon pink with yellow skirt, black with blue mouth and green skirt, and a really pretty gold shimmer one I haven't been able to ID. I lost a few of these right away - next time I will remember heat packs! ;)