PDA

View Full Version : Clown fish spawning

frd72
06-09-2013, 07:02 AM
Any tips or tricks on how to properly take care of this fish and eggs??:biggrin:
Thank you..

monocus
06-09-2013, 09:14 AM
start getting rotifers to feed the fry right away.you can pick up an 8 oz container at j&l or king eds,or come to my place and get the rotifers and phyto to feed them.start early so you have a large supply of rotifers

frd72
06-09-2013, 02:59 PM
Do you breed clowns?Thanks for replying..looks like it is just the first day because it is bright orange.. Do i need to have a separate tank, and when can i take it out from display tank??How much is rotifers, is this live food??
Thanks a lot..

start getting rotifers to feed the fry right away.you can pick up an 8 oz container at j&l or king eds,or come to my place and get the rotifers and phyto to feed them.start early so you have a large supply of rotifers

mike31154
06-09-2013, 05:51 PM
If it's the pair's first spawn, you're likely better off to wait until a subsequent event. This will give you time to do more research on raising marine fish fry. You will most certainly need a separate tank going and you'll need to capture the larvae the night they hatch in order to move them. Many folks put a tile near the pair to encourage them to spawn there. This way the tile can be easily removed on the anticipated hatch evening & you'll have the whole shebang rather than trying to net them with a light in a tank with flow.

There are breeding forums & plenty of resources on the net for additional info. There's also a book called "Clownfishes" which is a good read for anyone wishing to raise the critters.

frd72
06-09-2013, 06:00 PM
thank you!!!

If it's the pair's first spawn, you're likely better off to wait until a subsequent event. This will give you time to do more research on raising marine fish fry. You will most certainly need a separate tank going and you'll need to capture the larvae the night they hatch in order to move them. Many folks put a tile near the pair to encourage them to spawn there. This way the tile can be easily removed on the anticipated hatch evening & you'll have the whole shebang rather than trying to net them with a light in a tank with flow.

There are breeding forums & plenty of resources on the net for additional info. There's also a book called "Clownfishes" which is a good read for anyone wishing to raise the critters.

monocus
06-09-2013, 07:09 PM
i raise phyto and rotifers to feed new spawns and coral.type in clown fish eggs on your search engine and you will get tons of info.