PDA

View Full Version : Fussy dwarf/ Fu-Man Chu Lionfish

Zero
06-05-2013, 03:52 PM
Been debating for a few months now whether or not to buy a smaller lionfish..

Do Fuzzy dwarfs and fu man chu lions get aggresive towards other fish like clowns, jawfish, and hawkfish?

FishyFishy!
06-05-2013, 03:55 PM
I've held multiples with no aggression issues at all. Those Fu-Manchu's are amazingly beautiful creatures. They look amazing in close up pics.

They are generally pretty friendly unless there are small fish that can fit in their mouths. Those tiny fish will likely end up in there. lol.

fishoholic
06-05-2013, 04:03 PM
I've held multiples with no aggression issues at all. Those Fu-Manchu's are amazingly beautiful creatures. They look amazing in close up pics.

They are generally pretty friendly unless there are small fish that can fit in their mouths. Those tiny fish will likely end up in there. lol.

Agreed ^

Just make sure the one you buy is already eating frozen food. Most will refuse to eat frozen and can be quite hard to get eating anything other then live. Mine eat krill and mysis and both (I have a fu-manchu and red fuzzy) were eating before I bought them. Fyi fuzzy dwarfs are usually easier to get eating then fu-man's.

Skimmerking
06-05-2013, 04:26 PM
you call someone a fuzzy and see if he gets aggressive lol

The Grizz
06-05-2013, 04:33 PM
you call someone a fuzzy and see if he gets aggressive lol

I'm very fuzzy and known to be aggressive :lol:

Stay clear..... this Bear bites off limbs!!

fishytime
06-05-2013, 06:06 PM
I'm very fuzzy and known to be aggressive :lol:

Eewwwww.... Thanks for the image Greg:razz:

The Grizz
06-05-2013, 06:31 PM
Eewwwww.... Thanks for the image Greg:razz:

You know deep down you like it :twisted:

FishyFishy!
06-05-2013, 06:45 PM
You know deep down you like it :twisted:

Like really... who dosn't?? :twised:

tang daddy
06-05-2013, 10:11 PM
I have a dwarf hi fin that is super cute and cool to watch however he lives in the refuge and not the main display because my hands are in the tank too much I am scared that I will get stung. He eats krill and is very fun to feed.

I was looking for a Fu man chu that ate frozen but they are few and hard to come by, majority of the ones arriving will not even look at frozen, meaning I would have to feed live and that could get costly. When I saw the hi fin dwarf eat frozen he was a total winner, if you find one that eats frozen snag it up. As I said they have puppy like personalities when he sees me he spits water and bounces up and down like a dog waiting to be pet. Really cool fish!

Ian
06-06-2013, 04:20 AM
My dwarf lion was a pig and was no problem with any of his tank mates...as long as they didn't fit in his mouth! gonna have to get another one now that I think about it1

Gregg..I need to send you some pics..my wife had a run in with a bear...32 rib fractures and a broken back among many other injuries.

neoh
06-06-2013, 04:55 AM
I have a dwarf hi fin that is super cute and cool to watch however he lives in the refuge and not the main display because my hands are in the tank too much I am scared that I will get stung. He eats krill and is very fun to feed.

I was looking for a Fu man chu that ate frozen but they are few and hard to come by, majority of the ones arriving will not even look at frozen, meaning I would have to feed live and that could get costly. When I saw the hi fin dwarf eat frozen he was a total winner, if you find one that eats frozen snag it up. As I said they have puppy like personalities when he sees me he spits water and bounces up and down like a dog waiting to be pet. Really cool fish!

I've been looking everywhere for a fumanchu, where did you find yours, Chris? Sorry, don't mean to hijack Zero. But I've always wanted one of these fellas, and I'm in the process of making a tank just to show him off.

Zero
06-06-2013, 10:41 PM
My LFS constantly has fumanchu lions and they look awesome! I can't confirm what they are eating though, no idea

neoh
06-06-2013, 11:11 PM
My LFS constantly has fumanchu lions and they look awesome! I can't confirm what they are eating though, no idea

Ask someone who works at the LFS that carries them. :wink:

Zero
06-07-2013, 03:12 PM
Ask someone who works at the LFS that carries them. :wink:
haha no kidding lol, i may go in and trade him my Domino, and Cinni-clown for a FuManChu :biggrin:

swill
06-08-2013, 06:06 PM
I just got my Fu Man from Blue World in Edmonton. I made sure he was eating before I purchased him. He eats anything that moves including pellets. I looooooooove him. I've got him in a tank with a yellow damsel. Whatever he doesn't eat the damsel gets.

Blue World had two of them ;)