PDA

View Full Version : living color tank - 200g

msjboy
06-04-2013, 11:19 PM
nice tank by the "fish kings" guys - living color...it is from the other cousin BC aquarium forum so if you want to buy it, check it there - so see this nice photobucket of blueprint images of the build:

http://s1106.photobucket.com/user/gklaw/media/Tim%20tank/P8200001_zps1ba0bfe8.jpg.html

. check it out there. $3500.. probably costed $18K.

fishytime
06-05-2013, 12:12 AM
does the $3500 include the 2x4 to prop the canopy open with?:razz:

msjboy
06-05-2013, 12:39 AM
Look At the 40 images...it includes all that

yycguy
06-05-2013, 12:45 AM
If that's included in the deal, I might be interested!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

fishytime
06-05-2013, 02:18 AM
Look At the 40 images...it includes all that

I did look through the images.....all I see is an awkward size tank that looks impossible to work in.....a nitrate factory 1990 filtration system....a flood waiting to happen drain and return and a bunch of cheesy fake coral...... the cabinet looked nice though, aside from them Mickey Mousing the canopy.....but I guess some sucker will pay that much for the Gucci name:wink:

fishytime
06-05-2013, 02:36 AM
Oh!....and I almost forgot the PC lighting:thumb:

greyreef
06-05-2013, 02:58 AM
Fishy time, your not even in his area
Are you just a nasty guy wanting to degrade someone who just maybe doesn't know better?
We are better than that...
Be helpful, not hurtful

neven
06-05-2013, 03:43 AM
the member who posted it over on the other site is actually a very respected person in the region. He has helped many out with his generousity and knowledge in both the fresh water and salt water world. i believe this is not even his system, its a buddies of his who is looking to sell.

jorjef
06-05-2013, 03:45 AM
Ya Fishytime!! Don't be hurtful:lol:

Reefer head
06-05-2013, 03:45 AM
Every thing look dead?? Living color ??

fishoholic
06-05-2013, 03:53 AM
Are you just a nasty guy wanting to degrade someone who just maybe doesn't know better?
Be helpful, not hurtful

Guess its true what they say "The truth hurts" he was just being honest not hurtful.

Anyone can see for themselves that its a sub par tank set up and IMO not worth that price tag, but again to each their own.

Edit: I will also add that initially I didn't realize this was an ad in the buy/sell section and originally thought it was an advertising link to a company/brand that called themselves "living colour" tanks.

mrhasan
06-05-2013, 04:12 AM
Well living color is a terribly expensive custom aquarium builders (those fish king guys!). I won't complain about the price tag since I am pretty sure that tang cost a fortune (wouldn't be surprised if it was $18k). In the case of this tank, its not about the quality but more like the "brand name".

Good luck with the sell but you will get some severe bashing over here since I highly doubt whether there will be any such hobbyist to buy such tank. This company generally makes "show tank" and not hobby grade (you know what I mean :P).

P.S. please don't bash the OP. Bash living colors for making such tank and charging blood!

msjboy
06-05-2013, 04:19 AM
it was a show tank at some very expensive airport store realestate,.. that is why it is so narrow. Also, the fake corals are delibrately white for branding purpose... I assume whatever fishes they had, they would really pop in white background. As for reasons why bioballs, UV, etc. you can always ask the folks at http://www.livingcolor.com and share your gripes.

fishytime
06-05-2013, 04:44 AM
it was a show tank at some very expensive airport store realestate,.. that is why it is so narrow. Also, the fake corals are delibrately white for branding purpose... I assume whatever fishes they had, they would really pop in white background. As for reasons why bioballs, UV, etc. you can always ask the folks at http://www.livingcolor.com and share your gripes.

Im not griping, I was making an observation about the equipment.... would you use bioballs???

Be helpful, not hurtful

Wow, you guys are a piece of work!
Go for it, losers

who am I degrading?.....I was pointing out the flaws in the system.....If the person that is actually selling the tank were actually here and trying to sell the tank, I wouldnt have said boo....besides, I am being helpful.....Im hopefully helping some new person to NOT make a $3500 mistake

******* and loser!:cry:.....you hurt my feelings:lol:

greyreef
06-05-2013, 05:11 AM
Come on fishytime....
"Does the 2 x 4 come with it?"
Must admit that was a good one
But stop there

JmeJReefer
06-05-2013, 08:57 AM
Liking the totally bleached out look! It's like winter in a glass box.

FishyFishy!
06-05-2013, 01:20 PM
Liking the totally bleached out look! It's like winter in a glass box.

LMAO

Tweeds
06-05-2013, 02:00 PM
I wish I could go change my vote as to why I "Surf the Canreef" cause now, I would check Forum Drama (over opinions).

*munching on popcorn*:lol:

FishyFishy!
06-05-2013, 02:23 PM
I wish I could go change my vote as to why I "Surf the Canreef" cause now, I would check Forum Drama (over opinions).

*munching on popcorn*:lol:

Well i'm pretty confident that Dougs post says it all. I think we're more steering towards helping a potential newby buyer purchasing something that is very out dated, and just a potential distaster waiting to happen. A lot of people would go "oh my god, they're on TV, lets buy that system!"

When really... you're paying for a name, crappy fake corals, and a system that IMO is outdated and flawed.

I did look through the images.....all I see is an awkward size tank that looks impossible to work in.....a nitrate factory 1990 filtration system....a flood waiting to happen drain and return and a bunch of cheesy fake coral...... the cabinet looked nice though, aside from them Mickey Mousing the canopy.....but I guess some sucker will pay that much for the Gucci name:wink:

greyreef
06-05-2013, 02:39 PM
Boy, I look at this unit and see a number of possibilities...
You certainly can replace the fake coral with live rock for a few hun, go fowlr right away
Add a diy led light if you want corals...
As far as bioballs are concerned, cost of removing them = $0
Though look at Mike Palettas recent build (youtube led experiment) and youll see he still uses bioballs!
And you have an elegant, modern piece of furniture thats miles ahead of most tanks out there for looks!
Not sure about the electronics, whats in the unit for electrical control ato, temp, etc?

jorjef
06-05-2013, 03:00 PM
The dimensions of the tank are a nightmare. Hardly suitable for fish or corals

yycguy
06-05-2013, 05:47 PM
I see the OP said "probably cost 18k"
Is that for real?

mrhasan
06-05-2013, 06:20 PM
I see the OP said "probably cost 18k"
Is that for real?

I believe so. Its done by living color and brought to Canada. ;)

deepRED
06-05-2013, 06:22 PM
If you're not going to buy it, keep your comments to yourself.

What a bunch of trolls.

The seller (who is not even the owner of this tank) is just trying to do someone a favour by posting it and the suggested price was what the owner of this tank wants for it.
It may not be a tank that you would buy, and that's fine, but someone out there might be interested in the custom dimensions. Also the price is OBO.

Next time you post something for sale and someone comments on how "it's a bad deal../ it's too old.../I've seen it for cheaper.. /it's a piece of junk..." remember what goes around comes around.

*end rant *

FishyFishy!
06-05-2013, 06:33 PM
If you're not going to buy it, keep your comments to yourself.

What a bunch of trolls.

The seller (who is not even the owner of this tank) is just trying to do someone a favour by posting it and the suggested price was what the owner of this tank wants for it.
It may not be a tank that you would buy, and that's fine, but someone out there might be interested in the custom dimensions. Also the price is OBO.

Next time you post something for sale and someone comments on how "it's a bad deal../ it's too old.../I've seen it for cheaper.. /it's a piece of junk..." remember what goes around comes around.

*end rant *

Go ahead and call people Trolls all you want.... But you just did the same thing by posting.... LOL

From the buy/sell rules:
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c38/bilmaga/6-5-201312-35-38PM_zps045b9df9.jpg (http://s24.photobucket.com/user/bilmaga/media/6-5-201312-35-38PM_zps045b9df9.jpg.html)

Right off the bat this thread was going to be like this. OP was posting an ad from another reef forum. lol.

Reefer head
06-05-2013, 06:44 PM
TROLLS !!!!!!!!!!!

mkj
06-05-2013, 07:03 PM
Their not trolls, their helping people realize this system is way out of date and not right for anyone (this is a good thing not a bad thing for the hobby).

They don't want someone spending that kind of money on equipment that should be thrown out. Only the tank/cabinet and empty sump has some value to someone who needs a skinny tank, and that's worth "used" maybe $1500 not $3500. Trying to dump all that other garbage on someone is bad for the hobby.

deepRED
06-05-2013, 07:17 PM
Go ahead and call people Trolls all you want.... But you just did the same thing by posting.... LOL

From the buy/sell rules:
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c38/bilmaga/6-5-201312-35-38PM_zps045b9df9.jpg (http://s24.photobucket.com/user/bilmaga/media/6-5-201312-35-38PM_zps045b9df9.jpg.html)

Right off the bat this thread was going to be like this. OP was posting an ad from another reef forum. lol.

Lol... touché.

Thanks for bringing up the rule about posting from other forums, didn't actually know about that one.

BCA is not a reef forum. The saltwater section on it is pretty sad compared to canreef. Mostly a buy and sell.

Anyways, just posted my first response based upon the negativity of the posts. Since I know the person trying to sell the tank, I was just clarifying the situation since he does not have a canreef account and cannot speak for himself. He's just trying to do a buddy a favor, which is within the rules, I think.

Again, if you don't want to buy it, then don't. I wasn't telling people not to talk about it at all, far from it. Just tone down the negativity.

Peace. :)

Aquattro
06-05-2013, 07:43 PM
This thread was destined for negativity the moment it was posted. The poster isn't selling, so it's more of a "hey, go look at this" type post. And frankly, most of the comments are accurate. While it is certainly a nice cabinet, that's where it ends. I suppose this should get moved to the lounge.

Tweeds
06-05-2013, 10:05 PM
Still considering myself a newbie, I saw the tank and thought "wow, dare to dream, maybe one day". It wasn't until I read the constructive criticism regarding its functionality that I realized it is not a very practical tank for the average hobbyist. I appreciate the breakdown on it. Personally. So thank you.

Vancouver Reefer
06-05-2013, 10:12 PM
I know someone who had to do the weekly maintenance on this monstrosity. Not only was 'White' Fake coral doomed from the start but the tank was a bitch to clean!! I'm not going to mention the airport would not give him local access to water and cleaning room, so lets just say, wheeling a 30gal bin of water up and down the entire main terminal was a joke. Oh and have you ever tried to go through airport security with steps, bins and cleaning/maintenance supplies!!! Even though he went through every week, security still seemed to forget why he had all this stuff with him!!!

This certainly gave aquariums a bad rep! Oh and being in the perfume section with fans pulling into the aquarium, the store staff could'nt work out why their fish kept dying!! Fans turned round to help.....abit

:laluot_08: