PDA

View Full Version : Purple tilefish

Coralgurl
06-02-2013, 08:13 PM
Considering adding one and wondering if others have had success with them. I had a flashing tilefish, but it only lasted a couple of weeks. It ate fine, had the tank covered so not sure what went wrong.

The tilefish are so cool looking, like a shark (IMO...lol)

maron6977
06-02-2013, 11:32 PM
I got one a couple months ago , he seems good . Very attractive fish . @ the LFS he ate mysis but when I tried @ home he didn't eat & got thin over a few days . Finally tried brine shrimp & he loves it . I mix brine & mysis & seems to be eating fine & keeping the weight on .
He wasn't cheap though , I was wondering if I got ripped off . He's healthy , pretty & hopefully lives a long time , so probably worth it !

Coralgurl
06-03-2013, 12:38 AM
Thanks! They are very pretty and different looking. I'll probably stop in and check out pricing, I didn't ask when I was there. The flashing tilefish was expensive as well.

What kind of cover do you have on your tank? I've got eggcrate, but I've had 2 fish jump through it. As they are skinny fish, wondering if it too could get through it....

mrhasan
06-03-2013, 12:39 AM
Thanks! They are very pretty and different looking. I'll probably stop in and check out pricing, I didn't ask when I was there. The flashing tilefish was expensive as well.

What kind of cover do you have on your tank? I've got eggcrate, but I've had 2 fish jump through it. As they are skinny fish, wondering if it too could get through it....

Eggcrate won't do good :sad: