PDA

View Full Version : AI SOL upgrade to Vega?????

Madreefer
06-02-2013, 06:34 PM
Has anybody tried this upgrade to thier Sols? I'm not even sure where to get the upgrade kits. Just a thought and have'nt started looking yet. I'm running 4 Sol Blues and 2 Ecoexotic Panaroma Pros on my tank and would like to do the upgrade to 2 of my Sols. My only concern is that my tank is 30" deep and read some where that the Vega's are not good for deep tanks. Also this so called "disco effect" people talk about. I grow SPS on my sandbed with no problems and if it cant be done with the Vega upgrade than no point. I'm really leaniing towards trying this due to every LED owners complaint of not quite the right colors. I'd like to hear some of your thoughts please. Try to convince me not to put out the cash for this.

Madreefer
06-04-2013, 01:55 AM
Nothing??? Thanks guys.

don.ald
06-04-2013, 02:10 AM
I haven't heard anything but I don't think I would spend more money on AI products. I think you did the right thing supplementing with P. pros?

Jason McK
06-04-2013, 03:13 AM
Got mine about a month ago. You can get then directly from AI

Easy upgrade unless you have my luck

http://www.3reef.com/forums/led-aquarium-lighting/sols-vega-upgrade-146762.html

Madreefer
06-04-2013, 03:26 AM
Got mine about a month ago. You can get then directly from AI

Easy upgrade unless you have my luck

http://www.3reef.com/forums/led-aquarium-lighting/sols-vega-upgrade-146762.html

Cool thanks.
Whats your opinion on esthetics with running 2 Vega's and 2 Sol Blues?
And why dont you post that stuff on this site?:lol:

Jason McK
06-04-2013, 03:31 AM
Wasn't a big fan of the 2 sols and 2 Vegas. So with the 2 Sols conversion it's basically 4 Vegas.
Only difference is you maintain the same heat sync so is bigger

J

Madreefer
06-04-2013, 07:46 PM
Wasn't a big fan of the 2 sols and 2 Vegas.

J

Ok thanks. That answered my question.
I have a hard time putting out $800 to upgrade my 4 fixtures so I think I might just grab 2 more of the Panarama Pros and the new controllor for them. My wife is in Phoenix where I got the first set of them so will get her to grab a couple more sets. All those LEDs on a 144G tank might be overkill but oh well.