PDA

View Full Version : What paint to use?

i have crabs
06-02-2013, 01:27 PM
I want to paint the back of a tank black before I fill it up is there a good paint for glass that will stay on? Not sure if I should just use some regular spray paint or if I need something special

daniella3d
06-02-2013, 02:05 PM
Krylon Fusion is not toxic once dried. I painted the pipe for my overflow with it and no side effect with fish and corals.

Also you can check plastic dip paint. It can be pealed off when it's dry.

Usage:

Animal and outdoor environment applications for PlastiDip protective coating include underwater acoustics, sharp edges, cable stems, cage floors, underground storage tanks, aquariums, iron bars, cable ties, crank baits, junction boxes, fishing sinkers, solder lugs, lobster and crab traps

http://www.plastidip.com/industrial_solutions/Plasti_Dip

Plasticdip would probably work very well to coat magnet to be used inside aquarium. I never tried it though.

i have crabs
06-02-2013, 02:48 PM
Maybe ill try the fusion i thought it was just for plastics but ill check if its ok on glass im sure it will be fine,

Nano
06-02-2013, 05:26 PM
Krylon Fusion is not toxic once dried. I painted the pipe for my overflow with it and no side effect with fish and corals.

Also you can check plastic dip paint. It can be pealed off when it's dry.

Usage:

Animal and outdoor environment applications for PlastiDip protective coating include underwater acoustics, sharp edges, cable stems, cage floors, underground storage tanks, aquariums, iron bars, cable ties, crank baits, junction boxes, fishing sinkers, solder lugs, lobster and crab traps

http://www.plastidip.com/industrial_solutions/Plasti_Dip

Plasticdip would probably work very well to coat magnet to be used inside aquarium. I never tried it though.
Plastidip is great, but I have a can hear and it has a poison symbol on it. It also peels easy if it gets scratched. If your painting the outside of the back fusion or acrylic will work fine.

daniella3d
06-02-2013, 06:50 PM
poison? maybe when it's not dry? they mention ''aquarium'' in the intended use. I am guessing it is toxic while wet but ok when dry? I have never tried it myself but I have read of a few people using that with aquarium.

I did try the Krylon Fusion and it is not only for plastic and it is non toxic when dry.

halwake
06-03-2013, 03:17 PM
Just used Tremclad for the back panel on our new 120 a few weeks ago. Had a left over can from another project. Rolled it on about 5 layers letting it dry between each layer and it looks great and is holding up fine.

Coralgurl
06-03-2013, 03:23 PM
I have plastidip, it says use on glass but I see no reference to aquariums. It references marine but I believe that's for boats. Krylon is much cheaper than plastidip though!