PDA

View Full Version : Whats with Coral masters fiji fever?

windcoast reefs
05-31-2013, 08:52 PM
Hey everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck with coral masters fiji fever?

I bought one over a year ago, but it is solid purple. No cream base like the photo!

Anyways, does anyone have any insight as to why it hasn't colored up?

kien
05-31-2013, 09:25 PM
maybe it's getting fed too much? What's that they say, feed a cold, starve a fever?

windcoast reefs
05-31-2013, 09:39 PM
maybe it's getting fed too much? What's that they say, feed a cold, starve a fever?

Maybe, I don't have any measurable phosphates or nitrates, but over the period of the last year, I have had some fluctuations.

Not enough flow maybe?

Myka
06-01-2013, 03:23 PM
Got a pic? Maybe the frag was mixed up somehow. It can be surprising how different tanks can produce completely different colors on SPS though...it can be a pleasant surprise or an annoying one.

michika
06-01-2013, 06:46 PM

:lol:

Ask Greg. Or go research his tank parameters, I'm pretty sure they're published on his site. Maybe there is a difference between your systems that you can find, or perhaps its just a case of "green grass on the other side".

windcoast reefs
06-01-2013, 07:59 PM
Yup the grass is always greener on the other side! It's kinda disappointing for color so I'm guessing that I might have got the wrong frag so I'm probably just gonna get rid of it. I'll post a photo later.

yycguy
06-02-2013, 01:03 AM

Hey that's funny!!

daniella3d
06-02-2013, 02:13 PM
I have experienced this often. I don't have a ULN system and when ever I buy corals that are from low nutrient and bring them in my tank they get very dark.

I bought a blue sps frag for 50$ and it turned dark brown and never returned to its previous glory. All the pastel color SPS coming from ULN systems usually turn dark when there is some nitrates and phosphates.

So now I only buy frag at lower price and I stay away from those that come from ULN system because I know for sure they will darken. Not that I don't have nicely colored SPS, I do, and some are quite light in color but when you get them from tank that are not ULN you can see the final color better.