PDA

View Full Version : Copy - Cloud Storage

ImprezaSTi
05-28-2013, 08:04 AM
Not sure if many of you guys use Dropbox for your fishy pics :wink:, but Copy is pretty similar, except with more free space. Like Dropbox, its also got the folder on your desktop that you just drop your files into, which I find to be pretty convenient.

I was referred to this by a friend, you start with 15GB of free space + 5GB for you and the person that refers you. So, if anyone is interested, here is my referral link :biggrin:

https://copy.com?r=6iiHRE

verongome
06-11-2013, 11:44 AM
Hey thanks for the info. Its a nice info..

badAZZlars
06-11-2013, 06:09 PM
flickr just gave all users 1tb of free storage. It doesn't have a nice drag and drop to folder feature but you can't beat that free storage amount.

ImprezaSTi
06-11-2013, 08:29 PM
I also heard about flickr's 1TB and signed up for that. But I quickly found out its limitations and realized its more of a marketing scheme than anything. You can only upload 200 files online one at a time, and you must use their website or app. And of course you have to leave it open and wait for it to upload.

Now if I have 1TB of images, according to flickr thats 650,000 images. You would then have to upload your pictures 3250 times in order to get it all online. And you have to leave your web browser open waiting for it to upload.

Lets say you only have say 1000 photos from a trip or whatever, you will still need to upload it 5 times manually and separately. It would still take forever to upload all that. Now who in the world would have that much time to upload photos? Will anyone actually use 1TB with all these limitations?

Thats what I like the most about Dropbox and Copy, you just drag and drop into a folder, and it will upload whenever your computer or mobile device is on. It also works for not just pictures and videos, but any kind of file works. Its pretty convenient for my school work as well.