PDA

View Full Version : You know what I hate?

ashr
05-28-2013, 05:37 AM
I really hate when I'm cleaning my tank and knock a SPS colony.. And the epoxy you use to put it back on does not stick... hate hate hate that.. so frustrating.. t

Does anyone have tips for doing this in a crowded tank?

Ram3500
05-28-2013, 06:03 AM
You know what I hate . When I knock a sps and a piece breaks off :( I don't deserve sps

gregzz4
05-28-2013, 06:29 AM
I really hate when I'm cleaning my tank and knock a SPS colony.. And the epoxy you use to put it back on does not stick... hate hate hate that.. so frustrating.. t

Does anyone have tips for doing this in a crowded tank?
Yup, it's frustrating putting corals on dirty rocks, nevermind having to place ones that were already in place :smile:
I use a nylon fingernail brush to scrub the LR so the 'whatever you are using' will stick better

ashr
05-28-2013, 02:19 PM
Yup, it's frustrating putting corals on dirty rocks, nevermind having to place ones that were already in place :smile:
I use a nylon fingernail brush to scrub the LR so the 'whatever you are using' will stick better

Ahh I never thought about doing that..

You know how many times I tried to stick my med size colony last night? Like 4 times and I kept breaking the tips of.. :drinking::cry:

I just gave up and left in on the bottom till today and ill try it again lol

albert_dao
05-28-2013, 03:25 PM
You can always drill a small hole into the base of the colony and zap strap them. That's what I occasionally find myself doing. Hide the zap strap with epoxy.

ashr
05-28-2013, 03:27 PM
at this time the rock I want to stick it too cannot be lifted out of the water with out taking a ton of other stuff with it :(

sphelps
05-28-2013, 03:32 PM
Epoxy combined with Ecotech glue has pretty much solved this problem for me.
Rock - Lots of Glue - Epoxy - Lots of Glue - Coral
I've glued large colonies completely horizontal underwater while only holding them in place for a min or so. As for not knocking them down in the first place.. Best of luck.

cuz
05-28-2013, 03:34 PM
I've glued large colonies completely horizontal underwater while only holding them in place for a min or so. As for not knocking them down in the first place.. Best of luck.

I was going to suggest the same!! works very well and fast.

albert_dao
05-28-2013, 03:42 PM
at this time the rock I want to stick it too cannot be lifted out of the water with out taking a ton of other stuff with it :(

You don't have to life the rock outta water. Try it, zap straps are surprisingly versatile :)

ashr
05-28-2013, 04:19 PM

I just ran out of glue too.. my luck haha

Thanks.. I think this is the only way to make it happen

Maverick00
05-29-2013, 02:39 AM
Im embarrassed to say the front of my tank currently looks like an elephant graveyard :neutral:... Some of it was due to a tank move but cleaning is brutal in a narrow tank.