PDA

View Full Version : FS: tank/sump/equipments (calgary)

mrhasan
05-27-2013, 07:50 PM
I am downgrading so I am selling my tank. Please visit my signature link to see images.

TANK: 40"x20"x20" custom made (by Concept about 2months ago) with starfire front panel and herbie overflow.

Sump: 20 gallon with one bubble trap making two chambers (one for skimmer and chaeto and another for return).

Custom made stand without any skin.

Tank + sump + plumbing + stand = $400 (Its OBO but I won't take any "very low" offer since the tank itself cost almost that and the plumbing cost me close to $200)

Speedwave 790gph pump, about 2 months of use (still have the receipt, just need to search for it). $90

Jebao WP40 + variable power source. $80

Jagger 150w heater. 2 months of use. $15

PM for details. Everything will be available for pickup next week but can visit the tank while running to see the equipment.

Bblinks
05-27-2013, 08:09 PM
Sorry to hear that you are selling your tank. It's a shame to see you down grade, I hope ou change your mind and stick it out. Good luck anyways.

mrhasan
05-27-2013, 08:11 PM
Sorry to hear that you are selling your tank. It's a shame to see you down grade, I hope ou change your mind and stick it out. Good luck anyways.

I know but things are just not in my favor. Corals and fishes not doing well can be taken care off but when things keep on burning, its a total headache which I cannot take right now as my deadline for thesis approaches :( I will be back with something bigger someday :)

mrhasan
05-27-2013, 08:38 PM
Speedwave is pending

reefwars
05-27-2013, 09:33 PM
i guess if reefkeeping was easy everyone would be doing it.....

mrhasan
05-27-2013, 09:39 PM
i guess if reefkeeping was easy everyone would be doing it.....

Good point Denny :) My 20 gallon never gave me this much headache over its course that this tank is giving in just 2 months. And its not about how easy or hard it is, its just becoming dangerous :neutral:

Proteus
05-27-2013, 09:49 PM
Seriously!!!

So when the heater or powerhead goes on the 20g. You going to downgrade to a Betta bowl.

My tanks not to **** hot right now but it takes time. Equipment fails. Weather it's a 1 gallon tank or 1000.

mrhasan
05-27-2013, 10:01 PM
Seriously!!!

So when the heater or powerhead goes on the 20g. You going to downgrade to a Betta bowl.

My tanks not to **** hot right now but it takes time. Equipment fails. Weather it's a 1 gallon tank or 1000.

The tank is becoming expensive to maintain too. I am already at the end of a 225 gallon bucket in just these 2 months. Large amount of carbon. Pumps are burning. I always feel like buying more fish (more money!). Makes me wanna bang my head with the tank! Not to mention all the trouble that I will have to go through to move the house to new home (if the new home even allow such big tank) :cry:

FishyFishy!
05-27-2013, 10:33 PM
I know how you feel. Some times this hobby can be really draining. Both on your patience and your wallet. Thats why i've set up and taken down so many tanks in my day lol.

Proteus
05-27-2013, 11:20 PM
The tank is becoming expensive to maintain too. I am already at the end of a 225 gallon bucket in just these 2 months. Large amount of carbon. Pumps are burning. I always feel like buying more fish (more money!). Makes me wanna bang my head with the tank! Not to mention all the trouble that I will have to go through to move the house to new home (if the new home even allow such big tank) :cry:

Yeah I here ya. I shut down my big tank to put more money into house. Personally I like my small tanks more.

mrhasan
05-27-2013, 11:24 PM
Yeah I here ya. I shut down my big tank to put more money into house. Personally I like my small tanks more.

I will decide tonight whether or not I should shut down this tank. If I do keep it, I will get a new skimmer, add a top-notch power bar along with a kill-a-watt meter. Maybe I will give it another go :) Will decide tonight.

Proteus
05-27-2013, 11:29 PM
One thing that has helped save money also is sticking to one type of reef. I chose sps. Not that I don't buy alot of sticks. But if I did mixed reef I'd be broke lol

mrhasan
05-27-2013, 11:33 PM
One thing that has helped save money also is sticking to one type of reef. I chose sps. Not that I don't buy alot of sticks. But if I did mixed reef I'd be broke lol

Yah my tank is more or less SPS dominated with few acans, gsp, mushroom, duncan, zoo, candycane and ricordia (:redface:)

mrhasan
05-27-2013, 11:33 PM
I know how you feel. Some times this hobby can be really draining. Both on your patience and your wallet. Thats why i've set up and taken down so many tanks in my day lol.

How was the regret factor?

greyreef
05-28-2013, 12:18 AM
Sorry to hear problems with your tank, I loved tracking your progress
Does it have anything to do with your choice of pumps?
Need to know for future purchases...
Pm me if you want, really would help me

mrhasan
05-28-2013, 12:20 AM
Sorry to hear problems with your tank, I loved tracking your progress
Does it have anything to do with your choice of pumps?
Need to know for future purchases...
Pm me if you want, really would help me

My current suggestion: don't buy anything 2nd hand which goes in the tank unless its few months old.

Madreefer
05-28-2013, 01:23 AM
My current suggestion: don't buy anything 2nd hand which goes in the tank unless its few months old.

I somewhat disagree with that. You just need to buy stuff from reputable people. I've always had good luck buying stuff from this site at least.
With that being said ill take that WP40 thingy off of you. I have no use with 3 MP40s but just wanna check it out.
Will you ship?

greyreef
05-28-2013, 02:16 AM
Reputable...
But the point is that used stuff has a higher failure rate, no warranty and quicker repair cycle than new, no matter how reputable the person is
Everyone has to decide on price vs reliability

Madreefer
05-28-2013, 03:07 AM
Reputable...
But the point is that used stuff has a higher failure rate, no warranty and quicker repair cycle than new, no matter how reputable the person is
Everyone has to decide on price vs reliability

Well if your going to buy off of someone that you kind of know and is an active member on here, they're more likely to not rip you off and sell you a piece of junk. Sorry for the hijack maybe we can get back on topic since this is the buy/sell section.

greyreef
05-28-2013, 03:17 AM
Agreed, this topic is more for the "philosophy of buying and selling" section...
Good luck with that wp40, wondering myself how they perform

The Codfather
05-28-2013, 03:24 AM
With that being said ill take that WP40 thingy off of you. I have no use with 3 MP40s but just wanna check it out.
Will you ship?

They're a good pump. You won't be disappointed.

mrhasan
05-28-2013, 04:26 AM
Hello Everyone,

Under intense reconsideration (thanks to some people for inspiration), I have considered not to shut down my tank and hence this add is now invalid. I hope this has not caused any sort of inconvenience for anyone.

Cheers :)

I am still staying in the moderately sized tank YAPPY :D :D :D

BuschWacker
05-28-2013, 04:40 AM
Glad to hear your not shutting down yet. Tank was way to nice to tear down.