PDA

View Full Version : LF a kole or tomini tang

fishoholic
05-20-2013, 09:49 PM
I'm looking for a kole tang or tomini tang. Basically a small bristletooth tang. Please let me know if you have one for sale or if anyone has seen one for sale at the LFS thanks :biggrin:

lpsreefer
05-20-2013, 09:55 PM
concept in calgary has some.

fishoholic
05-20-2013, 10:06 PM
concept in calgary has some.

I'm hoping to find one in Edmonton.

Coralgurl
05-20-2013, 10:21 PM
I'd be happy to get rid of my tominini if you can't find one.

Proteus
05-20-2013, 10:30 PM
MA had one

noirsphynx
05-20-2013, 11:30 PM
Aquarium Illusions has both Laurie

fishoholic
05-20-2013, 11:34 PM
Aquarium Illusions has both Laurie

Cool

fishoholic
05-22-2013, 03:36 AM
Called around to a few different LFS today and they are more expensive then I thought they'd be :sad: $70-100 :surprise: More then I can afford ATM hopefully I can find one for a more reasonable price.

mrhasan
05-22-2013, 04:21 AM
Called around to a few different LFS today and they are more expensive then I thought they'd be :sad: $70-100 :surprise: More then I can afford ATM hopefully I can find one for a more reasonable price.

Yah the smaller species of tang seems to be expensive. I got my kole tang for $53 (after bargaining :lol:) but its BIG!

Baker
05-22-2013, 11:34 AM
I just bought a 3 1/2" kole for $55 and the little bugger took over a cave and kicks up sand to make room for itself. Hasnt eaten any of the algae I wanted it to eat. Beautiful fish when I actually get to see it. Maybe it will come out in the next couple of days. Good luck with your search!

fishoholic
05-22-2013, 01:00 PM
Yah the smaller species of tang seems to be expensive. I got my kole tang for $53 (after bargaining :lol:) but its BIG!

Ya it's odd I remember a few years ago they were $30-40 and people on here sold them for $20. Guessing cost and shipping went way up on them, maybe harder to get in or something :noidea:

I just bought a 3 1/2" kole for $55 and the little bugger took over a cave and kicks up sand to make room for itself. Hasnt eaten any of the algae I wanted it to eat. Beautiful fish when I actually get to see it. Maybe it will come out in the next couple of days. Good luck with your search!

Thanks, Red coral sells them for $50 but I don't think they have any in stock right now. I have one in my 230g that does a good job cleaning up the algae so hopefully I can find one for my 80g that also eats algae.

fishoholic
05-27-2013, 03:34 AM
bump

The Codfather
05-27-2013, 03:40 AM
Sorry Laurie, but there was none at ocean's when I was there today, or i would have picked one up for you.

fishoholic
05-27-2013, 05:00 AM
Sorry Laurie, but there was none at ocean's when I was there today, or i would have picked one up for you.

I know you would of thanks for trying :biggrin:

mrhasan
05-27-2013, 05:01 AM

If you are still in town, I can sell my kole.

SanguinesDream
05-27-2013, 05:26 AM
Called around to a few different LFS today and they are more expensive then I thought they'd be :sad: $70-100 :surprise: .

:shocked!:

Wow. I just bought a 3 inch tomini for $10 from tang daddy. I feel ashamed of my good fortune. No worries, the reefing gods will even it out by having it kill my crocea. Karma and all....

fishoholic
05-27-2013, 01:05 PM
If you are still in town, I can sell my kole.

Bob came back into town yesterday.

:shocked!:

Wow. I just bought a 3 inch tomini for $10 from tang daddy. I feel ashamed of my good fortune. No worries, the reefing gods will even it out by having it kill my crocea. Karma and all....

I was shocked at the prices too. No reason to feel ashamed though, thats just good karma :biggrin: and hopefully your clam will have a long happy life.

fishoholic
05-29-2013, 12:39 AM
Bump

mrhasan
05-29-2013, 12:42 AM
Bump

Won't any LFS be able to order one for you? Red coral perhaps? Kole's seems to be very sorted after fish. I received heck lot of request to buy off the kole from me when I posted the add.

fishoholic
05-29-2013, 12:49 AM
Won't any LFS be able to order one for you? Red coral perhaps? Kole's seems to be very sorted after fish. I received heck lot of request to buy off the kole from me when I posted the add.

Red coral and Marine Experience are LFS that have reasonable prices for them $40-50 but as far as I'm aware they aren't ordering in any fish for a few weeks. Business slows down during summer so orders aren't placed as often. Hoping to find one sooner rather then later and not have to pay over $70 for one.

fishoholic
06-01-2013, 11:52 PM
:bump:

gregzz4
06-02-2013, 01:08 AM
I suppose Chestermere is too far, but ...

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=98096

fishoholic
06-02-2013, 03:22 AM
I suppose Chestermere is too far, but ...

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=98096

Unfortunately too far. It really sucks that there is a few for sale in BC and Calgary but none in Edmonton that are under $70

mrhasan
06-02-2013, 04:25 AM
Unfortunately too far. It really sucks that there is a few for sale in BC and Calgary but none in Edmonton that are under $70

Buy it and stop suffering :mrgreen: Will worth the extra $20 :D

fishoholic
06-02-2013, 03:51 PM
Buy it and stop suffering :mrgreen: Will worth the extra $20 :D

I should say the tomini tangs are 70-80 and the koles are $90-100, so it would be $30 to $60 more, which i can't justify. I would prefer a kole over the tomini but if I can find a $40 tomini I would buy it. Otherwise I will wait till Steve or Neal or someone on here in Edmonton has one. Just refuse to spend double the price on a fish.

mrhasan
06-02-2013, 03:54 PM
I should say the tomini tangs are 70-80 and the koles are $90-100, so it would be $30 to $60 more, which i can't justify. I would prefer a kole over the tomini but if I can find a $40 tomini I would buy it. Otherwise I will wait till Steve or Neal or someone on here in Edmonton has one. Just refuse to spend double the price on a fish.

Oh snap. Now that's too much! With that money, you probably can get a white tail. And tomini's are not cute :twised:

fishoholic
06-02-2013, 03:56 PM
Oh snap. Now that's too much! With that money, you probably can get a white tail. And tomini's are not cute :twised:

Exactly! Saw what I think was a white tail at Oceans but he said he couldn't remember the name of it but thought it got up to 18". So I passed on it, after we left I started researching it and was fairly certain it was a white tail which would of been awesome and it was $60, still ****ed at myself for not getting it :sad:

Oilers
06-02-2013, 06:10 PM

RC is having a sale. Can Doug ask Steve to order you one? A happy employee would be a more productive employee. If you are happy, Doug will be happy :biggrin:

fishoholic
06-02-2013, 06:39 PM
RC is having a sale. Can Doug ask Steve to order you one? A happy employee would be a more productive employee. If you are happy, Doug will be happy :biggrin:

Been trying to get Steve to order one, they aren't on the list right now :sad:

fishoholic
06-05-2013, 11:52 PM
FOUND

Well lucky for me a blue eye kole came up on Steve's list and he ordered it in for me :cheer2: It arrived today and I went to RC and paid for it. I'm leaving to visit my sister in Seattle tomorrow so he's holding it for a few days for me :biggrin:

mrhasan
06-05-2013, 11:58 PM
FOUND

Well lucky for me a blue eye kole came up on Steve's list and he ordered it in for me :cheer2: It arrived today and I went to RC and paid for it. I'm leaving to visit my sister in Seattle tomorrow so he's holding it for a few days for me :biggrin:

FINALLY! Now that trip to Seattle is going to be even sweeter heh ;)

P.S. Pics or it never happened :mrgreen::razz: (someone's gonna write it eventually but thought about doing the honor!)

fishoholic
06-06-2013, 12:42 PM
FINALLY! Now that trip to Seattle is going to be even sweeter heh ;)

P.S. Pics or it never happened :mrgreen::razz: (someone's gonna write it eventually but thought about doing the honor!)

When I get back I will post pic's.

I'm looking forward to seeing my Sister and her family. However my trip starts off with my youngest niece's violin concert........which she just started to learn to play........:neutral: