PDA

View Full Version : Going to Calgary

mr_alberta
06-09-2004, 06:00 AM
Well, I think I'll be going to Calgary this Saturday (June 12) and hitting up some of the fish stores and going to Mike's (mnoll) place to grab some stuff. If anyone wants anything either from a store or Mike's or anything, let me know ASAP.

shotzee
06-09-2004, 07:12 AM
Hey. Well I don't know what Mike is doing with some of the corals that I am interested in because he hasn't replied back to me. I am still interested in the red open brain, the fire shrimp, and any of the zoos he still has. I don't know if you would be able to pick them up for me if he still has them and then I could just pay you. Let me know what you think.

Rory

AJ_77
06-09-2004, 05:00 PM
Hey Rory, I know the Fire Shrimp are spoken for (they have a name beside them in the posting), and is this the Brain you mean?
Red & Green Open Brain - $20
That is also spoken for - or until I get a good look at it... :wink:
If we're there at the same time and Newguy gets 2nd dibs after me, then maybe he could still buy it for you. But Mike is holding it for me.

mr_alberta
06-09-2004, 05:05 PM
What time would you happen to be there AJ? :wink:

AJ_77
06-09-2004, 05:30 PM
Shootin' for 2 PM. You?

(Hey, have you seen Pisces' Sailfin Tang that's for sale?)

mr_alberta
06-09-2004, 05:47 PM
I've actually never met her before. She apparently lives right next to me though. Are you interested in the fish? I can pick it up for you if you want it...

2pm you say, maybe I'll see if I can make it by then. I'll see if I can get Dez to come along too.

Shootin' for 2 PM. You?

(Hey, have you seen Pisces' Sailfin Tang that's for sale?)

AJ_77
06-09-2004, 05:51 PM
I've actually never met her before. She apparently lives right next to me though. Are you interested in the fish? I can pick it up for you if you want it...

2pm you say, maybe I'll see if I can make it by then. I'll see if I can get Dez to come along too.
Need to know if the tang is a Desjardin's, and what is the actual size.

Dez? Cool... :cool:

kuatto
06-09-2004, 07:11 PM
Harvey
I think I have Pisces number,will check when I get home and pm you.She lives near you.

shotzee
06-09-2004, 07:48 PM
Well that sounds ok AJ, but are you interested in both of them or only one? Harvey (Newguy) would it be possible for you to get the brain for me if AJ kindly decides to not get it, then I can pay you??

AJ_77
06-09-2004, 09:47 PM
Well that sounds ok AJ, but are you interested in both of them or only one?
I only see the one listed, but if it's the one I've been waiting for I'll sscoop it for sure... :biggrin:

But yeah, if I don't take it for some reason, go hard.

shotzee
06-10-2004, 03:24 AM
Oh crap, hahaha, I'm an idiot because I thought that red and green brain meant that he actually has BOTH a red brain AND a green brain for sale (and I just was just interested in the red one if that was the case). DAMN:)

mr_alberta
06-10-2004, 03:28 AM
Hey Jim, I think AJ was interested in her tang, so you might want to give him her number as well. If all goes well, I can pick it up for him and drop it off at Mike's place on Saturday.

Harvey
I think I have Pisces number,will check when I get home and pm you.She lives near you.

AJ_77
06-10-2004, 03:48 AM
Hi Guys, I got the scoop on that Tang, and it's not the species I want, and it's a bit too big, and it's apparently a little cranky... :biggrin:

Which is fine, because the timing isn't perfect either. Thanks very much for the offer to deliver! Looking forward to maybe meeting at Mike's if that works out too.

Cheers!

mr_alberta
06-10-2004, 03:54 AM
No problem AJ!

I'll try to be at Mike's by 2pm. See you then. :cool:

Pisces
07-21-2004, 11:49 PM
Wow, where was I when this thread was going on!?! :eek: :mrgreen:

Oh well, no one called me :rolleyes: ....but the Sailfin is still available! I haven't seen her be very aggresive for a while....and when she is I blame it on crowding. She's nice and fat, eats a lot. I don't have a recent pic, but I have one that's probably a couple years old....I've had her for a while!

I did neglect my water changes for a while and it shows on her dorsal fin, but I think it's doing better since my last water change.

Currently she lives with (In a 130gal):

Naso Tang
Regal Tang
Red Corris Wrasse
Blue Mandarin Goby
and a clown fish (recently found the other on the carpet :cry: )
Bali Star
Green Brittle Star
couple crabs
Couple snails
BT anemone
Long black spiny urchin
....and there's a choc. chip star in the sump.

They all seem to get along, except my urchin decided to taste my Bali Star....unpleasant and sad, but still alive. :eek: I'm hoping he'll be ok.

If anyone would like to see a pic of the sailfin, or visit in person....pm me!

Thanks,
Lindy