PDA

View Full Version : anyone interested in colt frags? any size? large or small?

smokinreefer
06-09-2004, 03:04 AM
hey guys,

due to the up coming move, i am planning out how to maintain my 180 (which will remain at my parents house for an undetermined period)

one thing i know is that i will most likely remove all of what remains of my Colt show colony.

so before i hack it up, i want to know if anyone here is interested in a frag, big or small.

if interested i can try and mount pieces for you to what ever size you want, though i gotta admit, i have the hardest time mounting Colt frags.

make me an offer if your interested, a toonie, a five spot, rubble rock...snails, scrape my front glass... :lol:

bluetang
06-09-2004, 03:33 AM
Pics?
:biggrin:
thanks

smokinreefer
06-09-2004, 06:05 AM
a pic?... i'm sure i got one around... i'll try and post one up shortly...

but, its just your everyday Colt, cept mine is H U G E !

and if anyone wants to try mounting their own, fresh cutting are absolutley no problem.

and one more thing, new cuttings/frags shrink, so they are way smaller than they wouldve been when they were still one with their mother! :lol:

trilinearmipmap
06-10-2004, 01:23 AM
I'd love a colt frag, how well do they ship, I'll be in Vancouver area in 10 days and it is 6 hours to get from Burnaby to my home.

Dogmai
06-10-2004, 02:02 AM
6 Hours to Prince Rupert? You driving a ferrari? :lol:

trilinearmipmap
06-10-2004, 04:16 AM
1 drive to airport
1 hour wait around airport
2 hour flight
1 more hour to get home from airport
add an extra hour to check out the fish store in Richmond (Fin-omenal fish on Blundell Drive) before my flight home.

smokinreefer
06-15-2004, 04:57 AM
hey everyone,
just wanted to give you all a head up...
things have gotten crazy hectic for me again...
i havent forgotten about these frags... i ust dont have the time right now...
i will be at least a couple weeks before things settle down...
i will contact all who have shown interest when the time comes...
good news is if try to squeeze insome time to do fraggin soon, then all the frags will be mounted nicley for you all, come time for pick up.

trilinearmipmap, i know you are on a scheduled timeframe for bein in the lowermainland, let me know when you'll be around, and i wills et you up with a frag.

everyone else, thank you for your understanding a nd patience, i really appreciate it.

shao

oh btw, the frags will probably be at least 4-6" tall with multiple branches. that should be big enough...oh let me know if you want a smaller one though, cuz i'm gonna make them all about the same size.

smokinreefer
07-08-2004, 01:06 AM
just a quick update...

i guess it was poor edicate for me to offer frags and not have them ready for you guys...

ive just gotten sooo busy and consumed by renovations...

i'll be done soon and the frags will be ready soon as well.

i'll update again in abit to arrange pick up for all of those who showed interest, and also to confirm with you all that you still want them.

again, thank you for your patience. and sorry for taking soo long.

smokinreefer
07-26-2004, 04:55 PM
bad news guys...

i went to my parents house to check on the tank and the frags...

looks like i left the colt frags in my cuttle tank... which is a low flow tank...
and just a FYI, low flow is not good for freshly cut frags... especially softies...

long story short, the majority of my colt frags "melted" and my cuttle died as well. :cry:

there are a couple frags that made it, and i can still cut a few more... i do know i can have one quite large "colony" but it would be unmounted (but healed/no open cuts) as it is attached to the back glass!

anyhow, i will go back today, see what frags are still there, and let you all know.

thanks again.
shao

thanks.

smokinreefer
08-09-2004, 02:17 AM
update!

i have the following colt corals available:
1 x XL frag $20 unmounted/no open cuts
2 x L frag $15 mounted
a few small frags that survived the meltdown $2 or trade for rubble :mrgreen:

i will sort through my PMs and see who was interested...

sorry, most of the frags "melted away" and i will not be able to accomodate everyone who was interested.

shao