PDA

View Full Version : Moved back to Calgary

Robw
06-09-2004, 01:37 AM
Hello All

I would like to say hello to all the reefers out there and thanks for the help that you have provided even if you didn't know it.
I just moved back to Calgary after spending 6 years in Yellowknife where I caught the reef tank bug from a friend of mine. After he bought a reef tank from a friend of his I helped move it. At the time I had no idea you could keep such an amazing variety of interesting stuff. One look at his tank and I was hooked. I started to setup my system by reading all I could on the web. Being in Yellowknife there is no real fish store to help you out (could be a good thing). All the equipment I now have is DIY. My tank is 50 gallon with about 50 lbs of live rock. My live stock consists of a LTA with 2 clowns hosting in it. A brown montipora digitata, green star polyps, a toadstool, green open brain, tons of mushrooms and various macro algea. The live stock is still in Yellowknife being looked after by the friend that got me hooked on this hobby. I had to drive back to Calgary and my livestock gets to fly :biggrin:
I am looking forward to chatting with you all.
Any news on the reef tank at the Calgary Zoo? I would be willing to help out with that.

Rob

AJ_77
06-09-2004, 02:27 AM
Good to hear from you, Rob. I hope your livestock makes it all back OK.
:biggrin:

Canadian Man
06-09-2004, 03:50 AM
Welcome!

I'm sure your going to find it nice to be back in a warm city again.
Don't they live in Igloo's in Yellowknife :lol: :rolleyes: :razz:

TANGOMAN
06-09-2004, 01:37 PM
Welcome to the group Rob. This is indeed a great group of people with a wealth of knowledge and experience. I offer many experiences as guidance, mostly in the form of things you don't want to do, or things I wish I hadn't done... :lol:
It doesn't surprise me that the livestock gets the "preffered method" of travel.

Delphinus
06-09-2004, 03:01 PM
Welcome to Canreef, I hope you find the board as enjoyable to hang out at. :cool:

Robw
06-09-2004, 10:34 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome. I hope the livestock makes it back ok as well! I have grown attached to the 2 clowns and their anemonie.
People stopped living in igloos a while back as the banks didn't want to give out mortages on a building that melted every spring. :biggrin:
Yes it is nice to be back in a warm city that has fish stores where you can pick out what you are buying.

Quinn
06-09-2004, 10:41 PM
I trust the retailers who ship from the coast more than I trust the ones in Calgary. :neutral: :razz: