PDA

View Full Version : ??cauliflower anemone??

Davidbugera
05-15-2013, 05:48 PM
This guy was sold to me as a cauliflower anemone but after further research there is no such thing.he is stickyer then any carpet anemone iv seen and touched and was told he is extreamly aggresive but I have him with 2 condys and a rose bubble tip with no problem so far all and all look really good. any help with Id would be apreachated

Davidbugera
05-15-2013, 05:49 PM
Better pic

Gizmoh
05-15-2013, 06:28 PM
There is such thing as a cauliflower coral, dendronephthya sp., but I can't really tell from the pictures.

Davidbugera
05-15-2013, 06:33 PM
Will the coral eat fish cause this thing will take in a whole silverside without any hesitation. Also the foot and disk look very simuler the th bubble tip but each tentacle looks like a colt coral

Gizmoh
05-15-2013, 06:40 PM
No, it would not. I can't get a good look at it from the picture. May be above my pay grade.

eli@fijireefrock.com
05-15-2013, 06:50 PM
Hell's fire anemone.a toxic type of anemone that resembles a soft coral.Keep with caution,..one of the scientific name comes to mind is Actinodendron glomeratum.

Gizmoh
05-15-2013, 06:57 PM
Definitely Actinodendron sp., nailed it. That's probably one that should be properly identified when sold :P.

Davidbugera
05-15-2013, 07:08 PM
Hell's fire anemone.a toxic type of anemone that resembles a soft coral.Keep with caution,..one of the scientific name comes to mind is Actinodendron glomeratum.

Nailed it this is it for sure and wow ppl lose fingers to there toxin that's crazy

eli@fijireefrock.com
05-15-2013, 07:14 PM
Definitely Actinodendron sp., nailed it. That's probably one that should be properly identified when sold :P.

:thumb:
It should always be identified as such (highly toxis anemone) by retailers...
Good luck with it and be carefully what you place in the same tank.

Davidbugera
05-15-2013, 10:12 PM
Thank u all very much once again every one was more then helpfull.:)they for sure Shuld have told me its highly toxic to the touch not just aggressive

naesco
05-15-2013, 10:30 PM
Thank u all very much once again every one was more then helpfull.:)they for sure Shuld have told me its highly toxic to the touch not just aggressive

Yes they should have but you should not be buying any creature without knowing all about its needs, foods, size of tank, whether it will likely survive or best left in the ocean.

mrhasan
05-15-2013, 11:11 PM
Yes they should have but you should not be buying any creature without knowing all about its needs, foods, size of tank, whether it will likely survive or best left in the ocean.

Your posts are so predictable ;)

Davidbugera
05-16-2013, 02:13 PM

Frist off I have all top grade equipment and decent water quality so I'm sure it will be fine it that aspect. And if the pet store don't give the right name how do u see what it is be for some on else take it, so ya I grabed it. As for food it's a anemone so I'm sure fish and light would be main diet. I came on here to make sure I new what it was so I could care for it. If all this is a problem ill march right over to the ocean it would have never seen again and put him in it, or better yet ill give it back to the pet store and they can kill it with all there **** care.does that work for u.