PDA

View Full Version : WAVEMASTER PRO

Azilla
06-08-2004, 08:29 AM
Hey all i just got new wavemaster pro and ordered 4 1200 maxijet pumps.
Just want to know what is the best pump positions to give me the best effect.
its for a 75gal tank with overflow and 75gal sump 20gal refuge.

Aquattro
06-08-2004, 08:50 AM
Depends on too many factors to answer that. What best effect are you after? How much rock is in there? How does this rock affect flow? Do you have corals? What kind? How big? How many? Fsih? What kind? Do they like current? Many others.
Basically, put the pumps in and move them around until you're happy with the effect and the corals and fish appear happy.

Azilla
06-08-2004, 08:55 AM
o
my tank is brand new like a week old has nothing in it but water,rock andsand..

Tank is a 75Gal Reef ready
Sump 75Gal mag950powered
Fuge is 20gal
There is about 95-100 pound of live rock
90 pounds of sand 30 of that was live sand
2 150w HQI MH Lights
2 24inch PC lights
moonlight
4 fans in hood
wavemaster pro with 4 maxijet 1200,s

DOO-E
06-08-2004, 01:40 PM
like reef_raf said we really cannot help you hear becasue it is your own personaly opinion on where they should be pointing. I am sure alot of people here dont know your rock set up maybe if you can post a pic of the over all layout of the tank we can help you more.

Doug
06-08-2004, 02:00 PM
Axilla,

I always liked ai least a couple of powerheads opposing each other, to create a surface boil and a downforce of water where they meet.

Many moons ago when I used a wavemaker, {Tsunami}, I would have at least two of the pumps on opposite ends, operating at different times. This creates more of a chaotic current, when the current from one of these pumps intersects the current from the ones already running.

Azilla
06-08-2004, 09:23 PM
Well thanks for trying to help i put 3 pumps in but seems to disturb my sand bed ill just fiddle around with it till i get it