PDA

View Full Version : Where to get Lugol's locally

Samw
06-08-2004, 08:07 AM
Ok, my Acros continue to decline 1 colony after another. I think this all started because I overdosed on Chemiclean. I've done some water changes and will do more. I have added chemipure. I've increased the power level of my skimmers' airpump to add more skimming. I've already lost some nice colonies and frags and a few more are starting to go. I would like to try dipping them in Lugol's next.

Aquattro
06-08-2004, 08:52 AM
Sam, what is your alk at? Only acros affected?
Sorry, don't know where to get Lugols. Maybe J&L?

trilinearmipmap
06-08-2004, 02:04 PM
Did you try a pharmacy?

Samw
06-09-2004, 07:55 AM
Brad. I haven't measured Alk lately but it should be fine. I'll test again and let you know. I've been losing acros and pink bird's nest. I think it started happening after I started using Chemiclean for Cyno. For sure, my purple acro turned brown the day after. Also, my skimmers clogged up and although they provide a bit of aeration, there wasn't enough bubbles to create skimmate for about 2 months now. That was my fault as I was just being too lazy to clean the airstones. After seeing my low night-time DO levels, I've changed the airstone in one skimmer and cranked up my air pump. I see skimmate forming once again. I should hopefully see some improvement in night-time DO.

trilinearmipmap, that's the 2nd suggestion for pharmacy. I didn't realize that they would have it as well. Is it the same stuff that people use to dip corals?

ltay
06-09-2004, 08:02 AM
Hi SAMw

I got mine from BIGAL at burnaby store. Why the dipping...and how much to administer ?

zulu_principle
06-09-2004, 01:26 PM
Sam

Have a bottle that I seldom use at the shop, you are more than welcome to come borrow.

If you are looking for someone locally that stocks it try dynamicqua.com

Wendell

Samw
06-10-2004, 05:28 AM
Thanks Wendell. Cool store. Lots of toys!

Ltay. The dipping is because there have been reports that it works against STN sometimes.

props
06-10-2004, 06:13 AM
if i were you i'd check everything before you lost it all
15-25/per test kit
compared to the cost of what you have still ..i'd test everything [ i should shut up as i barely test anything now except for ph n alk]

props
06-10-2004, 06:13 AM
premium aquatics can ship it overnight at a cost of an arm n a leg

Samw
06-10-2004, 08:22 AM
Sam, what is your alk at? Only acros affected?
Sorry, don't know where to get Lugols. Maybe J&L?

Alk is fine at 7.4 dkh
Nitrates is fine at 1 ppm

I think I will go to Big Al's tomorrow to get the Lugol's but my purple acro colony is now half gone and don't know how much of it will be left tomorrow to dip.

props
06-11-2004, 01:28 AM
frag it and send it to my way for the time being
=o)

Samw
06-11-2004, 05:14 AM
frag it and send it to my way for the time being
=o)

Too late. :rolleyes: Hm, this one is closer to RTN.

props
06-12-2004, 06:09 PM
crappy man
sorry to hear
i take losing corals deeply