PDA

View Full Version : Can you frag frogspawn buds?

carriej
05-08-2013, 08:01 PM
So there you have it, is it possible; and how do you do it? I have a frogspawn with about 6 buds on it. However - the buds are on the fleshy part (my frogspawn has flesh on the entire skeleton) so I am a bit nervous to just chop them off.

Is there a way to safely remove them? I have had ones fall off but they just get buried. Seems like such a waste of pretty little froggies.

I could be collecting these so I actually have something half sensible to trade for once instead of mushrooms, lol.

somewherebeyondthesea
05-09-2013, 12:09 AM
I have a few buds growing right now, you can frag them just as if you were fraggning a head

carriej
05-09-2013, 12:20 AM
I've never cut a head of euphyllia before; I have a 130 gallon and only a handful of euphyllia so I just let them go wild; because I like 'em.

I have fragged one of my branching frogs, but it only has flesh maybe 3 inches down past the head. So I can just break the little skeletons off, but the frogspawn I want to frag (is also branching); the flesh goes right to the bottom. Cutting this flesh makes me nervous!

hfp75
05-13-2013, 12:18 PM
Cutting the flesh put the coral at risk.... Just wait until the flesh receeds. Eventually it will...