PDA

View Full Version : Sun Blaster T-5

11purewater
05-08-2013, 12:25 PM
Anybody use these fixtures?I saw them at the last home show.

mseepman
05-08-2013, 03:42 PM
I used their strips as extra lighting when I was running MH. Have to switch out the daylight bulb for something reef oriented and the ballasts went after a couple years. But for $30 a strip...I was complaining too much.

miuYH
05-08-2013, 05:33 PM
I have used these for my reef system for about 6 months. Similar to mseepman, I swapped out the tube for something more directed for reefs. I used a single tube over my 10 gallon and found that it was more than enough. I have moved onto Par38s for my reef now since then.

However, I have been using these for the past year for my planted fresh water tanks. Although I cannot vouch that these do not last past 3 years, I can say I love them very much. At $30 a pop, these are insanely cheap compared to other fixtures on the market for aquariums. They have been growing my plants very well and are very bright with the reflector. Been over a year of using these and have ZERO complaints or dislikes.

Hope that helps.

Bblinks
05-08-2013, 06:38 PM
I use it on my with fiji pink and they are great. $30 for HO T5 is amazing.

apexifd
05-08-2013, 06:53 PM
I use it on my with fiji pink and they are great. $30 for HO T5 is amazing.

reply your txt!!

spit.fire
05-08-2013, 07:44 PM
I've run them quite a bit, mainly for work lights under my stand and a few on fresh and saltwater tanks, Ive found that they're a good cheap alternative to expensive fixtures and if you link a bunch together it's easy and inexpensive to replace one if one burns out

11purewater
05-09-2013, 01:30 AM
Great! thanks for all the input.I like the weight of these lights and the retainer can hold up to 7 lights I think.And yes the price is right!