PDA

View Full Version : Grrrrrrr......wrasses

Coralgurl
05-06-2013, 02:36 AM
I know it's normal for wrasses to hide when first introduced to a tank, but not knowing if they are ok is killing me. 1 out of the three is out, the other 2 hid when I was feeding yesterday....please wrasse gods, let these 2 be ok!

Tn23
05-06-2013, 02:56 AM
They tend to hide when introduced to newly to the tank, some will even hide for a couple of days until they are comfortable with the new environment.

fishoholic
05-06-2013, 03:40 AM
Doug and I are on the grrrrrrrrr wrasses train right now. Took 90% of the rock out and dug through the sand in the 34g trying to catch the radiant wrasse and still couldn't catch him :twised: 3hrs later he's out in the open and I swear he's laughing at us!

Coralgurl
05-07-2013, 01:27 AM
I loved my radiant wrasse! Why are you trying to catch him?

On another note, I've got eggcrate as a cover, figured I'm safe with wrasses....not!! Stupid baby solar wrasse jumped, found him on my dosing table beside the tank.....still haven't seen the other 2.....I'm done with wrasses!

fishoholic
05-07-2013, 02:32 AM
I loved my radiant wrasse! Why are you trying to catch him?

On another note, I've got eggcrate as a cover, figured I'm safe with wrasses....not!! Stupid baby solar wrasse jumped, found him on my dosing table beside the tank.....still haven't seen the other 2.....I'm done with wrasses!

He's getting to big for the 34g tank he's in. We bought him for Doug's 260g but his leopard wrasse kept chasing the radiant into the overflow. Now that the radiant's bigger (and we added a mystery wrasse and starry blenny to Doug's tank) we thought we'd move the radiant at the same time and hopefully he'd settle in ok.

Coralgurl
05-13-2013, 02:11 AM
I'll be damned! Feeding my fish tonight and who decides to pop out? The exquisite wrasse, been 7 days since I'd seen it. He's pretty skinny looking so will be feeding a bit heavy for a bit. Still no sign of the other lubbocks tho :sad:

Delphinus
05-13-2013, 03:05 PM
When I had a lubbock's wrasse, without word of lie or exaggeration, it was six months before I caught even a fleeting glimpse of him. I had long given up on him as dead. I had tried to make my rockwork nice with holes and caves, but I had no idea it was that effective. Soooo .... I say don't give up hope. Six months! Totally ridiculous...

Coralgurl
05-13-2013, 06:01 PM
Thanks Tony! I was pretty discouraged as I've bought 7 wrasses over the past couple of months and only have 2 swimming around. One jumped, one looked like it rubbed or got stuck on a rock and died. The other 3 just disappeared (until last night). So, I won't give up on them yet.:lol:

TimT
05-13-2013, 07:41 PM
Wrasses are kinda funny in that they go through jet lag and take up to 3-4 weeks to adapt to a new time zone. This is especially true if you get them when they just arrive to the stores.

sunoka
05-13-2013, 07:56 PM
When I bought my leopard 6 years ago it was on Philippian time still up at night eventually she changed to the time zone but for the first 2 weeks I didn`t see her and now she is changing sex to a male...pictures of her/him before and now in this form Marine Fish.I am picking up a female now at the end of the month so I expect to go through this again.....

HaZRaTTy
05-14-2013, 02:44 AM
Another story for you, I had a Green Wrasse and Mysteri Wrasse the Green was added before the Mysteri both around the same size. They were in my 120G. I never saw the Mysteri for the first 5-6 months only zipping in and out to feed and the odd swim around I had seen some aggression and chasing around by the green wrasse.

Since I have had got rid of the green wrasse to a new 400G home the Mysteri wrasse is out swimming around and my favorite fish again. :mrgreen:

So I guess is there anything bugging it?

Coralgurl
05-15-2013, 03:07 AM
Wrasses are kinda funny in that they go through jet lag and take up to 3-4 weeks to adapt to a new time zone. This is especially true if you get them when they just arrive to the stores.

Ya that's understandable. I was going to leave them in the store and pick them up a week later but I decided not to.

When I bought my leopard 6 years ago it was on Philippian time still up at night eventually she changed to the time zone but for the first 2 weeks I didn`t see her and now she is changing sex to a male...pictures of her/him before and now in this form Marine Fish.I am picking up a female now at the end of the month so I expect to go through this again.....

I saw that thread, pretty cool!

Another story for you, I had a Green Wrasse and Mysteri Wrasse the Green was added before the Mysteri both around the same size. They were in my 120G. I never saw the Mysteri for the first 5-6 months only zipping in and out to feed and the odd swim around I had seen some aggression and chasing around by the green wrasse.

Since I have had got rid of the green wrasse to a new 400G home the Mysteri wrasse is out swimming around and my favorite fish again. :mrgreen:

So I guess is there anything bugging it?

I figured out where it's hiding, right beside my rbta. I have 4 clowns that take turns in it and I did see one give it a bit of a chase.

I'm feeding heavy as it is quite thin. It came out right away and checking now, he's staying out :lol: He also seems a bit more comfortable around the other fish, no one is picking on him.

Now to wait on the other lubbocks.

mrhasan
05-15-2013, 04:04 AM
I figured out where it's hiding, right beside my rbta. I have 4 clowns that take turns in it and I did see one give it a bit of a chase.

I'm feeding heavy as it is quite thin. It came out right away and checking now, he's staying out :lol: He also seems a bit more comfortable around the other fish, no one is picking on him.

Now to wait on the other lubbocks.

You should thank you clown for the chase :lol: