PDA

View Full Version : clown acting strange

Chase31
05-05-2013, 10:45 PM
I got to occilaris clowns on thursday and the whole time hes been acting strange he was swimming near the top not moving and on the bottom sort of going sidways then correcting himself, totally diffrent then my other clown. i sort of shook it off and thought maybe he needs to get use to the tank. currently only two clowns two blue/green chromis and a royal gramma. no one is bullying him including the larger(maybe not sure yet) female. as of yesterday he started breathing sort of fast and hasn't been off the bottom since. not sure if this is swim bladder or not, should i give him a few more days or should i take him back to the LFS where they may be able to treat him???

Thanks

input80
05-06-2013, 12:08 AM
I have no idea what could be wrong with it, but might I suggest taking it back before its too late ? They might exchange it for you.

Chase31
05-06-2013, 01:35 AM
What iv read says he could be constipated . But I don't have a tank to treat him in

fishoholic
05-06-2013, 01:20 PM
I've seen fish in the beginning stages of marine velvet behave that way, and I know brooklynella has similar characteristics as well. Either way I wouldn't risk it being in your tank, if you can't QT I'd take him back to the lfs asap.

Chase31
05-06-2013, 07:19 PM
Well that was the plan but this morning he's no ware to be found so I'm assuming he's dead, just wish I didn't have so much rock and could find a course or even better him alive so I can get him out! And hopefully take him where they can treat or attempt to

Chase31
05-07-2013, 02:59 AM
No sign of him I'm 98% sure he's dead, going to do a few water changes to keep my other fish safe from the ammonia, skimmer stopped skimming so I assume that means high ammonia?

howdy20012002
05-07-2013, 04:07 AM
I wouldn't stress out too much about the ammonia from a dead clownfish in a 50gallon.
just watch for a spike in ammonia....but I would be surprised if you notice anything.

Chase31
05-07-2013, 04:19 AM
Well it's all dry base rock that had a very small ammonia spike using bioptum so mise well be safe then sorry and do a water change regardless, as I feel like my bacteria base is very small. My skimmer stopped producing foam sometime today would this be due to ammonia?

Chase31
05-07-2013, 04:25 AM
Also my other clown isn't doing much, moving and hanging out near the bottom but not doing any swimming sideways or anything just not very active. My royal gramma and chromis are fine cruzing around and eating, is this due to the loss of his buddy? Hehe only been in the tank since Thursday