PDA

View Full Version : Stocking ???

Coralgurl
05-04-2013, 03:35 PM
Would like to add a couple more wrasses but want some input on current stocking (180 gl) to make sure it's ok....

Have

2 occ clowns
2 clarkii clowns
Flame angel
Flame hawkfish
Royal gramma
Bangaii cardinal
Anthia
2 chromis
Yellow tang
Tominini tang
Sailfin tang
Blue throat trigger
Blue sided wrasse
Lubbocks wrasse

reefwars
05-04-2013, 04:42 PM
you should do a flamewrasse pair or rhomboid beautifull fish;)

leopards are always a beautiful fish when happy and healthy:)

Bblinks
05-04-2013, 04:54 PM
You will be fine with a few extra wrasses. I like to get juvenile specimen as they tend to adapt better but some of those wrasses are so hard to find you will be lucky even to run into them in the lfs. Rhomboid will be the hardest to get, I snoozed on a pair cause the high price tag of $460 for the pair and some one snatched it up with in the hour when I called back.

btw my flame wrasse is one of my favorite.

Coralgurl
05-04-2013, 04:55 PM
you should do a flamewrasse pair or rhomboid beautifull fish;)

leopards are always a beautiful fish when happy and healthy:)

Those are great choices, but I've had no luck with leopards. Coming down to the store in a bit.

naesco
05-04-2013, 06:12 PM
Those are great choices, but I've had no luck with leopards. Coming down to the store in a bit.

Very few reefers are able to keep leopard wrasse.

Steve...
05-04-2013, 09:43 PM
Why are leopard wrases so hard to keep?

reefwars
05-04-2013, 09:53 PM
Very few reefers are able to keep leopard wrasse.

i dont buy into this completely as just about every tank i see nowadays has a leopard and i myself have 3 and just rehomed one, maybe more correct to say they dont do well in new systems vs mature ones then yes i would agree as they need a full ecosystem in order to be stress free but to say that most reefers cant keep them id like to know how that number came to be?

Coralgurl
05-04-2013, 10:51 PM
Well, I ended up getting 3 more wrasses. Another lubbock's, solar and I think an exquisite but need it to come back out so I can confirm.

The 2 lubbock's are hanging out together already and all are eating!! :lol:

fishoholic
05-04-2013, 11:39 PM
Cool :mrgreen: