PDA

View Full Version : ReefBreeders: Don't waste your time

swill
05-04-2013, 02:24 PM
I ordered LED lights from these guys 2 weeks ago and just last night I get an email stating I need to pay an additional $150 for shipping. No where on their website do they state there will be additional shipping cost if outside the USA. It does say, however, the price of the units with the word "shipped" right beside it. I guess this company assumes only Americans would have the technology to go online and look up their website. This kind of thing annoys me. I've been sitting here waiting for my lights to arrive as they promise 1-3 weeks shipping and then after 2 weeks I get an email. What kind of crap service is that? I've asked for a refund and will look for lights elsewhere I guess. So like I said, Reefbreeders: Don't waste your time.

:sad:

mseepman
05-04-2013, 02:29 PM
You should look at reefsupplycanada.com. same lights but Canadian

Jason McK
05-04-2013, 03:30 PM
I guess you missed this

$79 Shipped*

*In the USA. Contact us for international shipping.

i just got the Fuge light from them and found them great to deal with. I also assumed that the "shipped" was in the US only because that is the usual policy through out US retailers.
Sorry to hear about your experience

Cubeman
05-04-2013, 04:36 PM

+1 on ordering from here

Starry
05-04-2013, 09:13 PM
+1 Tis where I got mine. good lights, getting decent growth . might swap out the green LEDS at some point though.

swill
05-04-2013, 10:26 PM
I guess you missed this

$79 Shipped*

i just got the Fuge light from them and found them great to deal with. I also assumed that the "shipped" was in the US only because that is the usual policy through out US retailers.
Sorry to hear about your experience
http://reefbreeders.com/it2080.html

This is what I read I dont see that it says Contact for international shipping anywhere.

Borderjumper
05-04-2013, 10:40 PM
http://reefbreeders.com/it2080.html

This is what I read I dont see that it says Contact for international shipping anywhere.

See the asterisk ?
$449 shipped*

Then scroll down to the bottom of the page

swill
05-04-2013, 10:59 PM

Sweet!!!! Thanks

swill
05-04-2013, 11:03 PM
See the asterisk ?
$449 shipped*

Then scroll down to the bottom of the page

Whoops....still not happy with the service though

ReefBreeders
05-07-2013, 12:06 AM
Whoops....still not happy with the service though

And why not? I notified you of the shipping charge when your order was ready to ship, and we even offered to pay the first $50 (the actual cost was $200, we quoted you $150 for 2 very large fixtures). I am not sure what else you want from us, you were supposed to contact us for a quote prior to ordering, and that would have avoided this situation. We ship to several Canadian, and other international customers on a weekly basis. If you are not sure about international shipping, give us a shout, and we can tell you everything you need to know before you place your order.

PS, I thought that the internet didn't exist outside of America, sorry about that!
:mrgreen:

Thanks,
Logan Vanghele
Principal
Reef Breeders LEDs

jorjef
05-07-2013, 12:52 AM
O

jorjef
05-07-2013, 12:53 AM
And why not? I notified you of the shipping charge when your order was ready to ship, and we even offered to pay the first $50 (the actual cost was $200, we quoted you $150 for 2 very large fixtures). I am not sure what else you want from us, you were supposed to contact us for a quote prior to ordering, and that would have avoided this situation. We ship to several Canadian, and other international customers on a weekly basis. If you are not sure about international shipping, give us a shout, and we can tell you everything you need to know before you place your order.

PS, I thought that the internet didn't exist outside of America, sorry about that!
:mrgreen:

Thanks,
Logan Vanghele
Principal
Reef Breeders LEDs

^^^^^^^ fist pump worthy response. Good job. ^^^^^^^

Alberta-newb
05-07-2013, 02:06 PM
^^^^^^^ fist pump worthy response. Good job. ^^^^^^^

+1:mrgreen:

miuYH
05-07-2013, 04:46 PM
I thought it is common sense to check international shipping before purchasing anything from a US vendor? Especially something of this price.

I mean... the international shipping terms are stated clearly in their FAQ section...

Q: Do you ship internationally?

A: Yes, we ship world wide. Please contact us for a shipping quote before you order. Include the fixture you want to order, and your full adress.​​

I am glad ReefBreeders defended themselves in a post above.

mkj
07-14-2013, 11:25 PM
good post.

Swill, you seem to forget that US is a different country and you're way to quick to judge. I live in Canada but Canadians are hilarious sometimes. I run into this every day with Canadians, they want everything US has at US prices.

Canadians love to sit on the fence and complain about everything. I love Canadian but sometimes I just have to laugh.

milou
07-18-2013, 01:46 AM
swill do you like your IT2080? i'm still thinking between 2060 or 2080 for a 3 ft long tank.