PDA

View Full Version : Firefish dying??

zhasan
05-04-2013, 02:30 AM
Hello All,

Today I came back home from work and check on my tank to find my firefish sitting low to the gravel. I quickly ran the vital parameter check and everything is good. NO Ammonia, nitirite or nitrate. PH is normal too.

After I was done with the test I noticed he was tying to swim but was not able to and started tipping on one side of his body and within about 5 mins he was laying on his side breathing heavily.

Anything I can do to revive him?

Any idea what could be the cause? I've had him for about a month and he has been active from day 1.

monocus
05-04-2013, 07:06 AM
possibly low o2 or a old fish.some gobies only live a couple of years

zhasan
05-04-2013, 07:28 AM
possibly low o2 or a old fish.some gobies only live a couple of years

yeah its dead already... I didn't see other fish gasping for oxygen.. so I don't think its to do with that.. but it could just be the age.

I guess he was only supposed to be with me for a month. :cry:

gregzz4
05-04-2013, 07:50 AM
Sorry to hear about your firefish Zee

Some fish are subjected to all kinds of bad 'capture' and 'holding/transport' procedures that don't show up until after they've been in our tanks for a bit
I've lost 3 fish recently to the same 'unexplained' problem. It's all part of the hobby, unfortunately

Don't give up on the kind of fish, but maybe get one from somewhere else;
A different location/supplier from the same LFS, or a different LFS

Also, it wouldn't hurt to talk to the store you bought it from to find out if they have had losses of the same fish
If the store is honest, and has had feedback from other customers, they should take care of you

monocus
05-04-2013, 03:00 PM
also look at the other fish in the same holding tank.if others are on their way out,it could be an indication of the heath of the other fish in the tank.your lfs can always put the fish you want on hold