PDA

View Full Version : Canister filter with a eurobraced tank

dnizzle
05-03-2013, 11:17 PM
Does anyone have this kind of setup? The eurobrace on my tank is too thick for the hose fittings. I went to home depot to see if thy had any 5/8 pvc elbows to rig something up but no luck so far...

Sent from my android

paddyob
05-03-2013, 11:35 PM
Does anyone have this kind of setup? The eurobrace on my tank is too thick for the hose fittings. I went to home depot to see if thy had any 5/8 pvc elbows to rig something up but no luck so far...

Sent from my android

Glass euro brace ? If so you will have fun finding parts. Maybe try getting TLF phosban reactor elbows. I think that's the same size. PVC no chance.
Maybe though in the plumbing aisle they have those shark bite connectors for plumbing. That might be 5/8" too

If plastic just cut it.

dnizzle
05-04-2013, 12:19 AM
Ya I'm thinking about cutting he plastic fitting and somehow extending it with silicone and tubing.... Bad idea?

Sent from my android

paddyob
05-04-2013, 01:12 AM
Ya I'm thinking about cutting he plastic fitting and somehow extending it with silicone and tubing.... Bad idea?

Sent from my android

The plastic tank trim or the canister? If you can cut the tank trim it would easy.

dnizzle
05-04-2013, 01:25 AM
The tank eurobrace trim is unfortunately made of glass and not acrylic so I was planning on cutting the plastic hose 'holder' and extending it by attaching a hose or something to it

Sent from my android

Rogue951
06-28-2013, 05:24 PM
you should be able to find something at home depot/rona/wherever.
Don't look at the PVC section. They don't do smaller than 1/2", look at the irrigation and home plumbing (fridge ice maker hookup, etc) sections.

between the poly tubing and vinyl tubing you should find something to work around it.

Edit: way to check the date first. I'm sure you've found a solution by now.