06-07-2004, 01:41 AM
what to know what are brand names etc that most people out there using
with regards to
1) newaquarium tanks
2)skimmers
3) powerheads
4)sumps
5 testkits
and any other equipment and where to find it?

just trying to figure out what i should look for and price it should be around

Dez
06-07-2004, 10:59 PM
Hi there...

I think that you have to do some research. In terms of powerheads, I like maxijets the best by aquarium systems. All the other equipment I try to make myself, including aquariums sumps etc... I've heard ebo jaggers are good heaters, and I get my thermometers from rona (cheaper)..

des

trilinearmipmap
06-08-2004, 12:31 AM
What type of thermometer from Rona?

bulletsworld
06-08-2004, 12:37 AM
Big Al's has a free thick product book at their front counter. The book has all the supplies, brands & devices there is and all the different kinds of products there is out there on the market to chose from.
This book even has pictures on each page.

Was just a thought but would get you better aquainted with the known brands & devices on the market. Then you can make your own choose based on your tank needs.

mr_alberta
06-08-2004, 12:53 AM
Hi there,

This question is very hard to answer as it is very general. It would be a lot easier to figure out a "game plan" in terms of equipment, livestock, etc. once you know what you would like to do with your tank.

For a quick intoduction on what brands people tend to avoid, you can check out:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=144769&highlight=waste+AND+money

Its a lengthy 12 page read, but it will give you an idea of what other hobbiests don't like and why.

As for good places to buy equipment and whatnot, the sponsors on the left side of the page is a great place to start.

Keen
06-18-2004, 09:55 PM
for what it is worth i have 2 ebojager heaters and they are working great for me. as for powerheads. I like the look and functionality of the enheim powerball. they are good little powerheads and very adjustable. and for test kits, a buddy of mine suggested the hagen master test kit. I is a complete saltwater tesk kit, and it comes in a plastic breifcase, for easy storage.

hope that helps